Pap of Glencoe and more

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Monday evening was a time when I felt pretty tired of a lot of things so headed out for a bit of a drive. It looked like it might be OK. Once I got to Glencoe I felt it was an epic waste of diesel. Cloudy, dull, grey and infested with midges. Everything what a couch tourism expert would tell you about Scotland. Then the view started to get a little bit better, some colour in the sky. I resigned to shooting some boats at Ballachulish. The colour intensified and as I looked back the view was just amazing:

The last 5 minutes of the day really made the trip.

Next day was trip with Steve. It was a lot brighter - perfect conditions for golden hour shooting. Sadly the midges were so agressive I found it almost impossible to compose and take image free from thousands of these bloodsuckers. I resorted to taking image with remote while running around in the river. It must be a photographic purgatory. Great view but a real hell on earth.

Some different takes include these 2 - I prefer the one above...

Your right the lighting is fantastic. Love this area too.

I know the area very well and have tried to take pictures there over last couple of weeks whilst fighting off the midges but none of my pictures come close to your shots

Man I wish I was at the pap that night. Man seeing these images REALLY hurts

2 and 3 are ok but the sky and colours suit a different location. What you've done with 1, 4 and 5 is truly exceptional and the only problem I have with them is I was not there (or anywhere near by) to take such images of epic location and light.

I have only been to glencoe once and what a beautiful place and the images I captured are nothing like this! Quite jealous but feeling a bit compensated by the fact there were no midges when I was there :)

Back