Paper Art Spiral

SKM

Edit My Images
No
A basic shot enhanced with photoshop

stan

16256596337_9478cff2d0_c.jpg

Thats interesting and nicely lit to enhance the subject. Did you make it?

Cheers Byker

here's how it started off, as shot

16416531506_cfb6d1443f_c.jpg

and then added layers and reduced size and changed angle on each - I have an action which speeds up the process

Stan

That's good. I've been working on the same type of shot over the winter. Using different materials. Good fun isn't it? Setting an action is definitely the way to go, once you've worked out the numbers!!!

I quite like the paper idea. Might have to have a go at that myself - hope you don't mind;)

That's good. I've been working on the same type of shot over the winter. Using different materials. Good fun isn't it?

Yes, I too have used the basic idea in quite a number of different ways

I quite like the paper idea. Might have to have a go at that myself - hope you don't mind;)

go for it - the paper idea works well on its own as well without the manipulation

Stan

Thanks. It just so happens that I have a spare roll of blue wallpaper looking for a use. Think the knife will be out soon!

Thanks. It just so happens that I have a spare roll of blue wallpaper looking for a use. Think the knife will be out soon!

I just used strips of plain white A4 copy paper and shot in a black lined portable studio thing and used two off camera speedlights with coloured gels and bounced then from within the studio

If you havnet got the speedlights then coloured paper would be effective too. Interested to see your results

stan

Plenty spedlights and gels, they are no problem. Problem would be a black lined studio type thingy. But we shall experiment and see what transpires.
Here's the last spin thing I did....

More C&C please
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

Seems it's too clever for the club competitions secretary. Glad I never enter!

This was the base shot although it wasn't shot on the slant - that's just me trying to be arty farty

C &C please

I wasn't happy with it, but didn't quite know how to improve it; so I decided to totally change it. Added a texture to the background, played with the sliders then spun the central cocktail glass/glass ball thingy. Background is just a roll of ordinary gift wrapping paper made into a little infinity wall.

Don't get me started on judges!!!!

thats amazing - would never have guessed a glass and ball were the basis - I was thinking more along the lines of a book

Stan

Thanks, you've a more vivid imagination that I have. I can't see a book anywhere in there, but maybe I'm too close to it!

the top doesnt as such but the bottom half looks like you are flipping through the pages

Stan

Here you are Stan. Well you asked!

Ammoniticum tintinacerous

A first attempt. Lots more possibilities.
Just seen your recent post elsewhere, quite nice.
(Nat expects me to keep an eye on what happens over there, especially as I have to edit most of his cathedral pics before publication!!!)

Last edited:
Thats a good spiral but i think you really need the plain background as a busy one draws the eye away from the spiral

Stan

Thanks Stan. I couldn't make my mind up about the background. I worked it on black, but just thought the spiral looked stuck on. So I found a bg that would allow me to insert a drop shadow to give a hint of separation. I have other versions with a muted down bg. As ever I don't know which I like best!

Back