Paper ICC profile compatability (ipf6300 vs 6400)

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I have a few A4 papers and a big roll of Innova Baryta that don't appear to have a printer profile for canon ipf6300 but they are available for later 6400 revision. Both printers use same ink and print heads. Should I presume they are still compatible or contact paper manufactures about it?

I'd do a test on the A4 and see how it looks. That's what I tend to do when I can't find a profile - test then contact them if it looks bad.

I am still waiting to hear from innova.

I ended up using Photo Plus glossy 2 / plus semi gloss for the misc rolls. The colour seems much closer to reality than the other couple profiles I've tried.

However I have some other issues like edge soiling on the thinner roll (but clean on thicker 24").

The worse issue is some banding in very light blue or grey areas in High / Highest modes. It is gone in HP mode but then magenta doesn't want to come out unless it is really vivid area! No idea what is going on. I've run all the head alignement and calibration things but no change. Nozzle check print is perfect.

edit: I've broken a4 test pack from Canson and so far all looks very good with dedicated icc profiles (far better than sRGB printout from any common lab). I've not pushed it into printing the uniform light blue areas yet but magenta came out OK.

Last edited:
Back