Papers used for prints

Edit My Images
Yes
Would like to canvas (no pun intended) opinion as to what photo papers people use for their photographic prints. Feel free to recommened a company if you have been impressed with the prints too

dave

What sort of work are you doing? For sports I just use normal pearl paper, with gloss/matte as an option and for landscape I use Hahnemuhle fine art paper.

Permajet gloss and Oyster also Ilford galerie smooth gloss

Depends what printer you're using. I use an epson printer with epson fine art archival matt papers.

I really really rate ilford galerie paper in my canon ip4600, works out cheaper to get someone else to do it though with cartridges at 50 quid a pop

I tend to use epson premium glossy paper, tried some matt finish paper the other day and dont like it :( doesnt help the printer settings were probably wrong but the images came out far to flat and soft looking for my liking.

Unless you have used the correct profiles with the right settings then it will be flat. You need to make sure you use your papers correctly with the printer, otherwise things just don't work.

I find you also need to sharpen more for matte paper.

Used to use Harman papers but in the last 2 yrs discovered Perajet Photo Art pearl for my competition prints found its magic with both colour & B&W (Blacks are so deep you can fall in them) & Oyster for normal stuff. Worth trying sample packs or if you can get to FOCUS go on a sample hunt.

Back