Para Swimming European Championships

Name
Seba
Edit My Images
Yes
Been up at the Para Swimming European Champs for the last couple of days here in Dublin. Long old days. Morning heats from 9:30 to 12:30 and then evening finals from 5:30 to about 10pm by time you've finished... and my word it's a sweat box in there.

Work are covering it all week for the organising committee so that means plenty of jobs in the brief as well as getting images of athletes from each participating country, so the action turns into a bit of a stocks session. Creativity is a bit limited.

Have to say the athletes are incredible. Nothing holds them back. I've seen celebrations from people finishing last in their heat but setting PBs, athletes celebrating second and thirds, and several world records fallen too.

1555931.jpg

1555765.jpg

1555571.jpg

1555550.jpg

1556251.jpg

Great set there ... #4 was a good catch :)

There's some great pictures in the set, especially 4 as Gamps noted. Only off note is the tilt-shift effect in the first, which I loathe when used like this.

Beautiful images. I myself dont mind the "tilt and shift" effect. Otherwise it would be a rather boring image. My favourite is number 2 - beautifully shows off the dynamic of this sport. Well done.

If it makes it any better the tilt-shift 'effect' was done with an actual tilt-shift lens. Can be tricky to use. Need a nice angle of attack from above for that miniature look. Would like to use it for it's real use in fixing converging lines on say buildings but haven't had the chance to mix sport and that so far.

Lovely set with No2 my favourite. It is a sport I would love to photograph but there are so many child protection rules it will be locked down for an amateur like me.

Back