Paraglider having fun over the crowd

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd love to get some feedback on this image especially the processing, I was at a local country park hoping to get a view of the last flight of the Vulcan over Warwickshire and while waiting this Paraglider passed over and looked like he/she decided to have a bit of fun and buzz the amassed crowd that was on the top of the hill awaiting the Vulcan

I'll be honest photographically the light was horrible, but I decided that I wanted to process this to really silhouette the ridge line / crowd

PARA GLIDER OVER THE CROWDS AT BURTON DASSETT by Matthew Hancox, on Flickr

As always comments, questions, and critique are welcomed and appreciated

Matt

Alright… very convincing and cool! Good shot.

I do like this one Matt, the silhouette idea works very well considering the light. What makes it for me though is the light hitting the top of the guys chute really emphasizing the construction of the chute. Very well processed.

Alright… very convincing and cool! Good shot.

Thanks, I'm glad that you like it (y)

I do like this one Matt, the silhouette idea works very well considering the light. What makes it for me though is the light hitting the top of the guys chute really emphasizing the construction of the chute. Very well processed.

Cheers Steve, I'm pleased that you like the processing as I feared it would be a bit marmite but seems to have gone down well

Nice being in B&W liking silhouettes

Very nice. Although the watermark is very distracting.

Nice shot and for a probable one-off..... Very good!

Thanks Glyn, I'm pleased you like it and as you say probably a one off for that location

Very nice. Although the watermark is very distracting.

Thanks John, though I'll be honest surprised you find the watermark that distracting considering the main watermark is set to I think 1% opacity

Thanks John, though I'll be honest surprised you find the watermark that distracting considering the main watermark is set to I think 1% opacity

Still very noticeable, especially in the shadow areas.

Still very noticeable, especially in the shadow areas.

Fair enough, well since I've started posting more to Facebook sadly they are a feature that will not be departing though I do try to keep them a minimal as possible while still purposeful

Back