Paratized ladybird and other photos

I don't quite understand what I'm seeing in #1 David. Did you see this emerge from the ladybird?

Would there have been some animal developing in the gall?

Intriguing images.

That's a prettier shield bug than I get to see. And a one-handed shot of it too presumably. How did it get there?

Presumably that is the Canon EF-S 60mm macro lens. How do you find the working distance?

I don't quite understand what I'm seeing in #1 David. Did you see this emerge from the ladybird?

Would there have been some animal developing in the gall?

Intriguing images.

That's a prettier shield bug than I get to see. And a one-handed shot of it too presumably. How did it get there?

Presumably that is the Canon EF-S 60mm macro lens. How do you find the working distance?
1) I saw the grub very near the ladybird so I think it came from there, when I tried to photograph the wind blew it on to a different leaf
2) I am not sure about the gall, I have a chart and couldn't find it, sometimes they are bacterial in origin
3) The shield bug was Pentatoma rufipes, I was trying to help my son get a Frisbee down and it got on my arm.
4) The 60mm working distance can be both good and bad. For dragonflies in the UK it is a pain but sometimes it is better to be closer (something in a tight space) strangely when ever I have tried to photograph dragonflies or damselflies in Colombia - it was not a problem
IMG_7731damselfly by davholla2002, on Flickr

Back