Parco della Musica - Renzo Piano

Edit My Images
Yes
Auditorium Parco della Musica (2002) by the Italian architect Renzo Piano is located in the Flaminio province of Rome. As is the way in Rome, modern architecture is not exactly embraced in the historic centre but this sits beside Pier Luigi Nervi's Olympic Sports Palace (1960) and Zaha Hadid's MAXXI (2009). They sit in a 19th century residential area and lie some way out of the city centre.

Anyway, Piano is one of my favourite architects and I was devastated to not be allowed inside any of the auditoria. This, ladies and gentleman is the fault of Mick Hucknall. Yes the same insufferable soul from Simply Red. He was about to abuse the ears of the unsuspecting Italian public so everywhere was closed. I was especially devastated as the auditoria do appear to be stunning inside.

Feel free to critique any shots. All feedback welcome.

Parco della Musica - Renzo Piano by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

All comments welcome and get posting your architectural snaps:D

Some really interesting shapes (y) it looks like a brilliant place :clap: the only thing that I did notice is a couple of them are leaning a little so could use a little rotation, if you look at the brick base structure it becomes clear if the levelling is slightly off ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

Back