Park In Oldham Manchester

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I took these in Tandle Hill Park near Oldham this morning. Not sure how these look but I quite liked them.

Gaz

Would be great to get some thoughts.

IMG_4286_yellow_tree.jpg

IMG_4283_tandle.jpg

Large_tree.jpg

Lovely, very pleasing. Thanks for the good taste Gary!

Hi Gary
Really like the first two - instantly reminded me of how Mark Littlejohn presents his forest images. I think the 3rd doesn't have the punch of the others because it doesn't have the subtle orange of the fallen leaves on the ground and presents more green than the first couple. The first is the best of the bunch, the light on that central tree really draws you in
Chris

Love them.
I spent most of my childhood in Tandle Hills. Not been for a while though, really must pay a visit soon

Lovely, very pleasing. Thanks for the good taste Gary!
Thank you Sir.
Thanks Glyn.
Hi Gary
Really like the first two - instantly reminded me of how Mark Littlejohn presents his forest images. I think the 3rd doesn't have the punch of the others because it doesn't have the subtle orange of the fallen leaves on the ground and presents more green than the first couple. The first is the best of the bunch, the light on that central tree really draws you in
Chris
Thanks Chris.
I had not heard of that photographer before. I just had a quick Google and shall definitely be looking some more thay are just fab.Yes I did post them here in order of what I though looked best. I am sure someone whom knows more what they are doing could have made a better photo out of that 3rd location.

Gaz
Thanks Steve.
Love them.
I spent most of my childhood in Tandle Hills. Not been for a while though, really must pay a visit soon
Hi Helen. I was looking a some work on a road very nearby (Plasterer) a couple of days earlier so thought I would call back to see if I could capture something.
Thanks for stopping by.
Gaz

Really nice set of images Gary, I'm liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Really nice set of images Gary, I'm liking all of these very much.(y)

George.
Thank you George.
Very nice set Gary..I too am reminded of the work of Mark Littlejohn

Robin
Thanks Robin. That fellows tree scenes are very special for indeed. He makes it look so easy which is a skill for sure.
Gaz

Number 2 for me, the shape of the trees is almost surreal, might make a nice black and white.

Number 2 for me, the shape of the trees is almost surreal, might make a nice black and white.
Thanks Chris.

I'm not too clever on a good conversion technique for black and whites i'm afraid.

Gaz

I'm a sucker for misty woodland scenes and these work pretty well. For number 1, I feel the composition should work better without the left hand tree but without going back and reworking the scene it would remove the leaves in the top left which are crucial to framing the shot. I very much like number 2, just wish there was a bit more separation between those trees in the mid-right which could have added a bit more depth, and the picture could benefit from some subtle shadow recovery. I do like number 3 but it doesn't have quite the same emotional pull as the first two, I do wonder if tightening up the framing would help, maybe crop in from the left a little. A nice atmospheric set though

I'm a sucker for misty woodland scenes and these work pretty well. For number 1, I feel the composition should work better without the left hand tree but without going back and reworking the scene it would remove the leaves in the top left which are crucial to framing the shot. I very much like number 2, just wish there was a bit more separation between those trees in the mid-right which could have added a bit more depth, and the picture could benefit from some subtle shadow recovery. I do like number 3 but it doesn't have quite the same emotional pull as the first two, I do wonder if tightening up the framing would help, maybe crop in from the left a little. A nice atmospheric set though
Hi There. Thanks for the great reply. You made some good points all of which wouldnt have occured to me. I am happy I captured the mood/atmosphere of the scene but love to be able to read a scene better.

Gaz

Love number 2, some great angles and mood...

All lovely photos.The first one is my favourite because of the three colour/shade contrast.

I think all three are very good.
Spent most school holls in Tandle Hill woods or Hopwood.
Will have too go back and take some photographs as I only live in Castleton.

I think all three are very good.
Spent most school holls in Tandle Hill woods or Hopwood.
Will have too go back and take some photographs as I only live in Castleton.
Hi Gary. Yes you must I struck lucky this morning for sure. Really does look well at the moment.

Gaz

Excellent photography
James
Thanks James.

Gaz

Very nice I like the atmosphere in these Gary.

What a great looking place and what wonderfully atmospheric photographs...I like 'em alot :)

Nice images. I've lived in Shaw/Oldham all my life and never been to Tandle Hills, i reckon its time to go have a look.

Back