Parking Lot, LA - Abstract

Name
Rowan
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,
First post in the Creative Photography forum! This is an abstract of a parking lot in Los Angeles, near the (stunning) Getty Centre. If you have any comments/critique it would be great to hear them!
Thanks,
Rowan

18475860162_9d0de61571_h.jpg

I like it reminds me of a still from a sci-fi movie for some reason, nicely exposed shot though. And great symmetry to it.

Brilliant, great imagination, well executed

Geoff

Last edited:
Nice image, just enough information to draw you in and hold you but not enough so you know what it is. Has had me looking at it for a while trying to work it out.

Thanks everyone! Definitely does have a sci-fi feel about it. I have a version with a colder white balance which is even more so!

I like it reminds me of a still from a sci-fi movie for some reason, nicely exposed shot though. And great symmetry to it.

Funny that it reminds me of a horror .... :D Excellent symmetry looks like a never ending tunnel.

Great image, well seen and very well executed, love the brown tones too
;)

Love this as well. Could we see the evenmore scifi one?

Oh I love this!
Mirrored?

I too prefer the 2nd image- something quite surreal about it

Les

I think I'd have taken a trim of each side, a little too much black there IMVHO.

I do see what you mean Dave- I prefer the Blackness - adds to the image in my Humble opinion, just shows how peoples tastes Differ

Les

got to say i like this, i can imaging a ghostly figure on one of the levels looking back at you and then just vasnishing

Great image, I think the warmer white balance shot would look good with a murderous character in the lower door way :)

I prefer the second image definitely has a feel of an alien movie to it. Nicely envisaged.

BIg eyes and know because of you i need to start looking my jaw on the floor . Great Pic

Missed those last comments; thanks guys!

2nd one for me too. And I wouldn't crop the sides either. Draws the eyes towards the centre very nicely.
Great capture.

2nd one for me too. And I wouldn't crop the sides either. Draws the eyes towards the centre very nicely.
Great capture.
Agreed!

I can't really add much to what's already been said and I don't have anything constructive to say in terms of possible improvements.
I simply couldn't let this one go without a comment though.
One of the most atmospheric and interesting shots I've seen for a while - well done :)

p.s. FWIW the colder white balance one for me.
Purely subjective, but the colder, more sterile feel to it just triggers my imagination more. In fact, it almost makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck :LOL:

I can't really add much to what's already been said and I don't have anything constructive to say in terms of possible improvements.
I simply couldn't let this one go without a comment though.
One of the most atmospheric and interesting shots I've seen for a while - well done :)

p.s. FWIW the colder white balance one for me.
Purely subjective, but the colder, more sterile feel to it just triggers my imagination more. In fact, it almost makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck :LOL:

Really appreciate the feedback Sarah. Looking back on the photos from my trip this is still one of my absolute favourites!

Back