Parton beach blue hour

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I arrived rather late for a sunset having missed a nice but I hung around anyway as is usually best as you never know what you may walk away from. This was back in July btw. It was rather dark when I left and I was glad for a decent head torch.

I processed this yesterday what do you think?

Parton blue hour by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Love all the little highlights on the wet rock in the foreground, also the textures of the rock is really interesting. The rock in the immediate foreground (LH) almost looks like cobble stones then it moves to the smooth weathered areas quite a contrast.
I like all the varying textures in this, and still some lovely tones on the horizon(y)

That clear sky would have been a disappointment when you arrived surely, but well done on hanging it out to get a bit of colour.

Love that Alf,

Nice reflected light from the pools and nice and sharp too.

My kind of photo.

That EM5 is a belter isn't it?

Thanks Terry I was searching for shapes and textures to use with the light I know the area quite well so knew what I was looking for.
I am happy with the E-M5ii and the E-M1 as a combo for shooting landscapes

Love all the little highlights on the wet rock in the foreground, also the textures of the rock is really interesting. The rock in the immediate foreground (LH) almost

looks like cobble stones then it moves to the smooth weathered areas quite a contrast.
I like all the varying textures in this, and still some lovely tones on the horizon(y)

Thanks Steve
This is all pale yellow sandstone but the cobblestone looking rock is a layer of dark red softer rock that occurs

That clear sky would have been a disappointment when you arrived surely, but well done on hanging it out to get a bit of colour.

Thanks Craig I was a bit dissapointed as I missed a decent sunset but hung around and this came along

Nice image

Thanks Jon

Lovely compostion Alf, nice colours too - that sky demands clouds!

Thanks Neil clouds would have been nice but this is what I to work with

Love all the little highlights on the wet rock in the foreground, also the textures of the rock is really interesting. The rock in the immediate foreground (LH) almost looks like cobble stones then it moves to the smooth weathered areas quite a contrast.

Steve
That cobble stone effect is from layers in the rock like this

Parton rocks by Alf Branch, on Flickr

I think you were there at the right time Alf, love those colours post sunset and gives it the extra edge.

Steve
That cobble stone effect is from layers in the rock like this

Parton rocks by Alf Branch, on Flickr
Wow they are bueatiful rocks Alf, you could shoot some lovely abstract stuff there by the look of it, lovely colours and textures(y) Fantastic!

Love it! That's a lovely image, Alf.

Thanks Mal

There's a special inkiness quality about that foreground Alf, great stuff.

Thanks Scott I am really happy with the tones in that foregroiund they are the main reason it got off my HDD

I think you were there at the right time Alf, love those colours post sunset and gives it the extra edge.

Thanks Paul
It was almost dark I was glad of a decent head torch when walking up a beach of slippery rocks

Wow they are bueatiful rocks Alf, you could shoot some lovely abstract stuff there by the look of it, lovely colours and textures(y) Fantastic!

I have done some abstracts Steve and keep meaning to do more in fact that shot was part of a set I was playing with water moving acrossing this scene which have maybe should be processed.

I have done some abstracts Steve and keep meaning to do more in fact that shot was part of a set I was playing with water moving acrossing this scene which have maybe should be processed.
I have never really done any of that sort of work, no particular reason I guess, I have seen some spectacular landscape orientated abstracts, from coastal areas and rock formations etc. I'll have to put my mind to it a bit more when I'm out and about.
It'll be interesting to see some more from the coast Alf(y)

I have never really done any of that sort of work, no particular reason I guess, I have seen some spectacular landscape orientated abstracts, from coastal areas and rock formations etc. I'll have to put my mind to it a bit more when I'm out and about.
It'll be interesting to see some more from the coast Alf(y)

I keep meaning to do more but I have done some

Wave flow by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Rock stone pool by Alf Branch, on Flickr

rocks and swirls by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Flowing over by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Seawed-wash by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Power by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Parton rock by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Hi Alf! yes they are looking lovely, the first one is excellent it's almost like smoke, that's a great abstract! I like them all some fantastic textures. No4 has a really surreal feel about it at first I thought it was the same shot as No3 but with the tide flooding in around the stones but now I see it's not. Sometimes it's hard to see where the smooth stores stop and the flowing water starts.
Ther is great textures and colours in the last one, it's very captivating studying it.
Nice work Alf, something I have not considered much until now. Thanks fo posting them!
It also gives you another diamention to think about when you go out for a shoot.
All the best
Steve

Hi Alf! yes they are looking lovely, the first one is excellent it's almost like smoke, that's a great abstract! I like them all some fantastic textures. No4 has a really surreal feel about it at first I thought it was the same shot as No3 but with the tide flooding in around the stones but now I see it's not. Sometimes it's hard to see where the smooth stores stop and the flowing water starts.
Ther is great textures and colours in the last one, it's very captivating studying it.
Nice work Alf, something I have not considered much until now. Thanks fo posting them!
It also gives you another diamention to think about when you go out for a shoot.
All the best
Steve

Thanks Steve I am glad you like them

Back