Parton railway station

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Not shot of the beach at Parton for a change but shots taken a trip to shoot the sunset on the beach.

These are leading to and of the railaway station at Parton on the West Cumbria coast line this is a request stop

The lovely phone box with the station in the background

Parton night by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Two rather wide shots stitched together

Parton station night 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

The platform to Carlisle with the sea in the background and the last light of the sunset

Parton station night 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

I personally really love that first shot. There's a bit of mystery, good composition, and the contrast between the synthetic light of the phone booth amidst the darkness in the buildings and surrounding areas, and the peaceful blue of the darkening sky. A taste of the recent daylight, a transition into night, and full night all being merged together.

Really liking these Alf, love the great potential of a "story" to them, almost like stills taken from a movie.

I personally really love that first shot. There's a bit of mystery, good composition, and the contrast between the synthetic light of the phone booth amidst the darkness in the buildings and surrounding areas, and the peaceful blue of the darkening sky. A taste of the recent daylight, a transition into night, and full night all being merged together.

Really liking these Alf, love the great potential of a "story" to them, almost like stills taken from a movie.

Thanks Thhomas and Rob glad you like them

Here is the first edit I did for the first shot but was unsure of so did what I showed here

Partin night edit by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Here is another shot from that night of the underpass to the carlisle train platform

Parton station underpass by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Back