Parton rocks sunset

Why get up early to get those lovely colours in the sky only turn to mono! I haven't seen the mono version but I already prefer this one ;)

"Excellent" shot Alf, and very nicely presented.

Beautiful colour palette and composition, also loving the shutter movement and reflection.
Is there just a hint of a horizon tilt (using the water as a level surface)?

Why get up early to get those lovely colours in the sky only turn to mono! I haven't seen the mono version but I already prefer this one ;)

Why get up early for sunset?
You are criticising a shot I have not presented.

Very nice, lovely graphic rendition and the wet rocks and how they subtly pick up the light is just fantastic.

Thanks Steve

Nicely done Alf, the low angle composition is spot on.

Thanks Jason

"Excellent" shot Alf, and very nicely presented.

Thanks George

Beautiful colour palette and composition, also loving the shutter movement and reflection.
Is there just a hint of a horizon tilt (using the water as a level surface)?

Thanks Paul
Yeah I need to check the level

Why get up early for sunset?
You are criticising a shot I have not presented.
I’m sorry if my comment offended you. My point was that I very much liked the light in the photo you did present. I had hoped the winky face indicated that my comment shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

I’m sorry if my comment offended you. My point was that I very much liked the light in the photo you did present. I had hoped the winky face indicated that my comment shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

Not offended even if you hated it I wouldnt be. Too subtle for me when I dont have the time.

That is bloody lovely, glorious colours and great composition with the longer exposure (y)

Thanks Pete

Can't take my eyes off the foreground, it's perfect.

Thanks Scott

Last edited:
Lovely. The wet foreground rocks ooze character. My only criticism of this image, and it's nothing much at all really, is to clone out that red dot / light on the lhs on the land.

Lovely. The wet foreground rocks ooze character. My only criticism of this image, and it's nothing much at all really, is to clone out that red dot / light on the lhs on the land.

Thanks Joel
I was surprised nobody else mentioned the harbour light on Whitehaven's north pier

Back