Parts of a peg

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Just playing with an old peg :LOL: Must find something constructive to do.:bonk: The smallest things look quite heavyweight up close don't they?

[

I love these! Fantastic! Exposure, composition - spot on!

Looks like something you might find on the doors in an old castle.

Wow. Fantastic images.

What kind of mag are we talking here? I'd be interested to know what you are using ie how many tubs on your macro or are you using bellows?

You really do need to get out more Alby :LOL:
But this is definately a lesson in how to make a peg interesting (y)

I have to agree with your own observation AJ ... ;) ... little things can take on a whole new meaning up close and personal ... :D

Great take on a common every day object ... (y)

:p

Did you use a ring flash?

Great shots. It just goes to show that the most plain and "ordinary" everyday items can be the most amazing photographic subjucts. Really great shots. (y)

Thanks everyone for all your comments ;)

Janice: this is what I used: Panny fz8, Raynox msn 202 and milk carton diffuser ;) It's a great combination.
2202158824_5325c1371e_o.jpg

Lovely sharp photos! I saw a tip recently where they used a rubber band to hold some bubble wrap to do the same.
How much cropping was done on this image ?

Thanks all ;)
Sheep: I've had it for quite a while so I guess it is longlife :LOL:
Keith: they are pretty much full size.

I see from that you attach the raynox with a step-down filter rather than the raynox clip fitting. Did you buy the lens loose or do you use the filter ring by preference for some reason? All the ones I have seen for sale come with the raynox clip. I have a couple of similar loose raynox lenses (4x & 2x) and need to either get a filter ring or raynox adapter for them.

thanks

I see from that you attach the raynox with a step-down filter rather than the raynox clip fitting. Did you buy the lens loose or do you use the filter ring by preference for some reason? All the ones I have seen for sale come with the raynox clip. I have a couple of similar loose raynox lenses (4x & 2x) and need to either get a filter ring or raynox adapter for them.

thanks

I prefer the stepdown rings as I found it was too easy to knock off the lens with the raynox clip,I also needed to carry 2 clip as I have the 250 and 150 too. Another point is the lens is more accurately centred with the rings.

They're brilliant! You're right too - they look really chunky.

I prefer the stepdown rings as I found it was too easy to knock off the lens with the raynox clip,I also needed to carry 2 clip as I have the 250 and 150 too. Another point is the lens is more accurately centred with the rings.

Many thanks for the explanation. I can still see the clip would be quicker to clip on but I suppose macro doesn't tend itself to quick 'snaps' :) I was going to order some step rings from ebay but I haven't dealt there much and just haven't had the time to sort it out yet. If you are happy with the step down rings I don't suppose you would be interested in selling the clip?

Also interested to see your flash diffuser. Was that a product of much testing and experimentation? I have seen various designs for diy flash bouncers and diffusers for onboard flashes. I did try just a bit of milk bottle handle clipped over the flash on my fuji compact (E550) but it had little effect - maybe a little softer. Your design has several differently angled surfaces before the subject.

I always like seeing people producing great results from cheap kit.

I need to keep my clips as I don't have rings for my other lenses and my son uses them on his Fuji. The diffuser works well and I have tried a few types and find this is simple to make and use. it gets light just where I want it as well.

Back