Past Few Months

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Well

I have been trying to move away from Adobe LR the past few month since I am no longer paying for it but I just can get on with any other software DXO etc etc so look like I be returning back to LR

A tenner is a tenner lol

I think/thought it was still possible to buy v6 i.e. the last perpetual license version. Yes, modern(?) bells & whistles dead end........but what do you wish to do in LR???

I think/thought it was still possible to buy v6 i.e. the last perpetual license version. Yes, modern(?) bells & whistles dead end........but what do you wish to do in LR???

I dont think the LR V6 have Raw support the new Sony A7iii

You have spent I'm guessing near 3k on gear, 99 quid a year to improve your shots another Id guess at least 30% is worth it.

No danger of that:rolleyes:

Dont worry pal I won't be back in there to hassle you all... Just fancy that new Fuji to give it a go.. but wont be selling up the sony thou

Everybody is missing you. Honest.

I've found a new plughole that is far better than Ladybower. Trouble is the reservoir was empty in summer so I'll have to wait till it has rained for several months. And it doesn't have a drain like Ladybower so it always flows. Roll on January :):):)

Rawtherapee has a very similar interface to LR....worth a try and it's free.

Hmmm,shame,I get what you mean.

There are some really good courses by Simon Foster on Udemy Learning.£10 for approx 10 hours as well as lots of free stuff to help if you do decide to give it another go.

I kept leaving it ,coming back leaving it,but sat down and went through things slowly and methodically and it’s coming together now and that with the Apple photos organisation seems a good combo. I have the perpetual licence for lr6 ,you can convert to DNG and use that for your new stuff also.

You have spent I'm guessing near 3k on gear, 99 quid a year to improve your shots another Id guess at least 30% is worth it.
12 months @ £10/month = £120/year - at the moment.
It's already gone up from the introductory price, and who knows how much it will be in two years time?
I don't use Photoshop, so I'm also paying for something I don't need.

Well I am paying £8.56 I think after 4 month free sub

What ever the current price - its that for as long as you need editing software. Everyone has their financial limitations, yes they may have scrimped and saved and made sacrifices to get the best equipment they can but may not have the ability to find £100/£120 a year and its is not as simple as having 2 less pints if your 2 pints is your sole available social expense each week
the benefit of digital being there is little in the way of consumables so committing effectively is cost free once you have suitable equipment unless you print.

LR V6 and the adobe DNG converter works for me.

I've been using the combination for 5 years so I figure my latest acquisition (Sigma 35 mm 1.4) came free:);).

As long as one uses DNG converter on new gear I don’t see much advantage to paying money every month over using LR6 .

The updates to LR since the final 6 version don’t seem worth it from what I’ve seen from a friends version.

Back