Patterns in a small town

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
I've just started going back through the shots I took in Italy in June to edit some that I took for me, and remembered this series. In the Marche region between Comunanza and Ascoli Piceno is the small town of Roccafluvione. It's scruffy and looks like it belongs in Bosnia more than Italy, but we found some surprising gems tucked away in the form of patterns in the buildings.

Roccafluvione--7 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Roccafluvione--2 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

And then, while trying to make our way to the river, in the basement area of an apartment block we found these pipes.
Roccafluvione--3 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Roccafluvione--4 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Roccafluvione--5 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Roccafluvione--6 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

C&C welcome.

Last edited:
As someone with over a thousand hours in Factorio, I approve of the pipes. 3 & 4 are quite special.

:coat:

3 is very good. I might increase the white point a bit but very well seen.

Does show you don’t have to chauffeur your camera, to a beauty spot, look for other people’s tripod holes to create a ‘great’ image;).

As someone with over a thousand hours in Factorio, I approve of the pipes. 3 & 4 are quite special.

:coat:

3 is very good. I might increase the white point a bit but very well seen.

Does show you don’t have to chauffeur your camera, to a beauty spot, look for other people’s tripod holes to create a ‘great’ image;).

Thank you gentlemen.

On the white point, I've tried to contain things at the top end but theres no reason that it couldn't go a little further since texture has been deliberately suppressed to focus on the shapes. Thanks for the suggestion.

I like these Toni. Wish the plumbing in my house was as tidy as that!

I like them. Something different away from beauty spots.

I like these Toni. Wish the plumbing in my house was as tidy as that!

Thanks Jason, Graham. It was the incredible neatness and - for want of a better expression - stylishness of the arrangement that caught my eye. You can tell this is the country that created the Ducati motorcycle and Ferrari, even in the hidden parts. :)

It was the incredible neatness and - for want of a better expression - stylishness of the arrangement that caught my eye. You can tell this is the country that created the Ducati motorcycle and Ferrari, even in the hidden parts. :)

Why? Were they leaking? :p

Sorry, couldn't resist. But I know what you mean. Perfectly mundane things can turn into works of art.

I don't ride bikes but I'd quite happily park a Ducatti 916 in the living room and be a happy man!

Back