Paving stones, Decking, or alternatives?

looking at that picture again I think all you need is a bit more of what's already there as a base, level it off with some sharp sand and lay the plastic grids on then fill up with gravel of your choice

paving is a lot more work
£4.48ea at toolstation
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Landscaping/d130/Ground+Control/sd3225/Ground+Guard/p94411
pay for delivery, you'll need sand and cement, a lot more than you think you will, those 25kg bags don't go very far
My brother is coming over tomorrow to visit, he has a better idea of these things than me. I am going to ask him to measure up for me. I do tend to muck things up. :)

the 50mm grey council paving style of slab.

3'X2' flags used to weigh approx 10 stones each. (I think there were 16 to a pallet = 1 ton) Heck I've shifted more than I care to remember over the years ............ hence my knackered back :(

3'X2' flags used to weigh approx 10 stones each. (I think there were 16 to a pallet = 1 ton) Heck I've shifted more than I care to remember over the years ............ hence my knackered back :(
Thanks for that.

My brother is coming to visit today, I am going to ask him to tot things up for me. Not looking forward to lugging heavy stones about. I have enough trouble lugging my little DSLR and old 300mm lens about. :(

18252-1495466761-18589c8b18dcae751ad9c58ae9280625.jpg

Looks like I am going the paving stones route. A relative rang me this morning as she knew of someone getting their place done, they no longer wanted the paved look. Me and two family members got them over to our place, my back is killing me. I will probably feel worse tomorrow :( . I can actually visualise what the paved area will look like. :)

Reckon I will need half a ton of coarse sand and two bags of cement.

A relative rang me this morning as she knew of someone getting their place done, they no longer wanted the paved look.
Excellent (y)

After lugging those paving slabs, I don't think I will moan about lugging my DSLR about ever again. Or at least until I forget. :)

Back