Critique Pays Du Cathar including Carcassonne blue hour

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Reactions: ST4
1,2 and 4 are my fave with 1 the best of my 3 picks, your position and direction of camera have captured the lights and tones really well.
Do you ever get any good sleep?

I am not very good at sleeping...once I die I am sure I will be better at it.

Thanks for your kind words on my images.
Sleep is like death but without the commitment [emoji13]

I think the most successful, though not the most striking, for me is the Lagrasse sunrise. The lighting slanting in from the right is great and the composition satisfying. The other I like is the chateau. The others are nice shots but don't add up to anything special. Keep at it.

I think the most successful, though not the most striking, for me is the Lagrasse sunrise. The lighting slanting in from the right is great and the composition satisfying. The other I like is the chateau. The others are nice shots but don't add up to anything special. Keep at it.

I just got lucky with the sky and light. For the composition I had hoped (as you can tell by my website stuff) for less wind so I could pick up a reflection of the bridge in the water. Its a few other peoples (from feedback from the trip) favourite image, but its not mine.

Lovely set of images again Steve, only shot I'm not quite so keen on is the last one. #2 would be my personal fav', love the light on this shot, great composition, and perfect exposure giving fine detail in the highlights and the shadows looking right into the arch. "Great Stuff".(y)

George.

Well controlled verticals throughout. I know you were hoping for a bit more cloud in the first ones. The first one is a lovely composition, but the light in the second is my preference. 3rd shot is very tasty, puilarens shot does nothing for me lit like this I'm afraid and I have an identical shot of queries from when I went there years ago.

Did you visit montsegur, or puivert? They are pretty good for photography, especially puivert.

Well controlled verticals throughout. I know you were hoping for a bit more cloud in the first ones. The first one is a lovely composition, but the light in the second is my preference. 3rd shot is very tasty, puilarens shot does nothing for me lit like this I'm afraid and I have an identical shot of queries from when I went there years ago.

Did you visit montsegur, or puivert? They are pretty good for photography, especially puivert.

Cheers. Sadly never got the time as the weather broke down to wind and rain so I pushed north.

You're right about the 1st two. Clouds would have made my day :)

I'm back in October :)

Nice shots of one of my favourite parts of France - although I have many favourite parts of France !

Very fine. And very pleasurable tones and colours (a little weaker IMHO only the last one).
All the best,
sandro

Like the colours and composition of no. 3. I wonder if a smidgen off the top might make it even stronger? Beautiful take all the same.

Back