Critique Peaceful Evening.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken last Wednesday at the same spot I did the sunsets from later that evening. I feared when I took it that the skies might not light up later (I got that one wrong) so it is a banker shot but I was quite pleased when I saw it on the camera then on the monitor. It still lacks something though and I can't nail it. Contrast maybe? I left the single Oystercatcher as I think it adds to the story.

Fuji X-T10, Fuji 18-135XF.

Peaceful Evening. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
That's very nice love the colour in the Scottish flagged boat and the general mood of the shot. The ouster catcher does add to the shot

Oh my that's really nice, the misty feel, the pink rather than red or orange, the boats and reflections. I'm not sure with the bird purely because it's harsh, defined and below that beautifully defined line dividing hard to soft,where the softness of the boat reflections are.
I'm torn between the triangle the bird creates with the boats, and the feeling it's hard in the soft area.
Such a beautiful capture and thank you for not conforming to thirds, it works so well as it is.

Dale, that's a sublime landscape capture, the colours are simply beautiful. That would look awesome printed large and displayed on a wall. Fantastic photography.

Regards;
Peter

My only problem is that I was not on
one of the boats to enjoy that light! (y)

Very nice capture! The only thing that is a bit off when I had a closer look is the bird in the foreground

Last edited:
Dale, that's a sublime landscape capture, the colours are simply beautiful. That would look awesome printed large and displayed on a wall. Fantastic photography.

Regards;
Peter

:plus1:
Undecided on the bird or not though in the picture,

That's very nice love the colour in the Scottish flagged boat and the general mood of the shot. The ouster catcher does add to the shot

Thank you. :)

Oh my that's really nice, the misty feel, the pink rather than red or orange, the boats and reflections. I'm not sure with the bird purely because it's harsh, defined and below that beautifully defined line dividing hard to soft,where the softness of the boat reflections are.
I'm torn between the triangle the bird creates with the boats, and the feeling it's hard in the soft area.
Such a beautiful capture and thank you for not conforming to thirds, it works so well as it is.

Regards;
Peter

Cheers Peter, it may make it to canvas.:)

Awesome. I'd have that in my wall.
Where was it taken?

Thank you Bob.(y) Taken at Troon, over looking Arran.

My only problem is that I was not on
one of the boats to enjoy that light! (y)

Cheers Daniel.(y)

Very nice capture! The only thing that is a bit off when I had a closer look is the bird in the foreground

Agree, I can't decide on the bird myself. I will try a version without and put it here.:)

:plus1:
Undecided on the bird or not though in the picture,

It's a dilemma. Thanks for the comment.:)

Lovely photo dale no crit here :)

Cheers Stuart.

Superb. You're really putting out great images at the moment

Cheers Steve, right place, right time.:)

peaceful, excellent shot.

Cheers.(y)

Oh wow, Dale...what a lovely image.
Just beautiful, and the Oyster Catcher is just fine.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Ruth.

At the risk of a debate :LOL:, without the birdie. Spot removed so could probably be better.DSCF2703 LR CS6 JP upload.jpg

Had a look at this one several times, yesterday and today.
Really love the image, Dale. Composition, ratio, colours!
Although I am a minimalist, I think I like the one with the bird a bit more. The bird gives the image a twist, makes it even more special and personal.

Beautiful shot. Lovely composition with great colour and mood.
Personally I don't like the oystercatcher and think it's much better without
Cloning it out with a feathered brush might work better

I prefer it with the oystercatcher - it brings a balance & connection between the boats and the foreground that's missing without.

"Cracking" shot Dale, beautiful colour, well composed, and for me better with the bird in the shot.(y)

George.

Had a look at this one several times, yesterday and today.
Really love the image, Dale. Composition, ratio, colours!
Although I am a minimalist, I think I like the one with the bird a bit more. The bird gives the image a twist, makes it even more special and personal.

Thanks Willem. :)

Beautiful shot. Lovely composition with great colour and mood.
Personally I don't like the oystercatcher and think it's much better without
Cloning it out with a feathered brush might work better

Cheers for the comment. (y)

I prefer it with the oystercatcher - it brings a balance & connection between the boats and the foreground that's missing without.

You need to live the bird in. The clone mark is terrible.

Thanks. I think it will be staying Steve but if I do remove it properly, it will be cloned and not healed.:)

"Cracking" shot Dale, beautiful colour, well composed, and for me better with the bird in the shot.(y)

George.

Cheers George.:)

I've decided Dale, and the bird stays.

Lol, :LOL:, ok. I agree. Thanks.

Nope - I was wrong the bird needs to stay. It adds some foreground interest, adds scale, pulls the eye to the boats and theres a triangle between the boats and bird that keep your eye moving around the image.

The bird needs to stay

Nope - I was wrong the bird needs to stay. It adds some foreground interest, adds scale, pulls the eye to the boats and theres a triangle between the boats and bird that keep your eye moving around the image.

The bird needs to stay

Yep, it's staying. :)

I agree with everyone..Lol. The bird stays too :)

The colour is surreal and so well captured.

Beautiful shot love the colours.

Thank you.:)

I agree with everyone..Lol. The bird stays too :)

The colour is surreal and so well captured.

Thanks.(y)

Fantastic shot I love it with the bird in.

Cheers.

Lovely work Dale.

Thanks Kevin.:)

A lovely shot - prefer it without the bird.

Theres been some stunners posted over the long weekend and this is one of them Dale! Gorgeous light and tones, superbly shot Dale, love it.

Cheers Neil. (y)

It's delightful. Better with the oyster catcher :)

Thank you.:)

I have a big problem with this picture. I didn't take it...;)

I think it's sublime picture, and I like the position of the Oystercatcher between the boats.

I really like it, it is peaceful and beautiful but I would maybe look at correcting the colour balance slightly as the pink tint doesn't look quite right with the blue sky - if it were a letterbox crop without the blue part of the sky it would be ok but I think with the wider scene you expect the upper clouds to be a bit whiter. Gorgeous though

I really like it, it is peaceful and beautiful but I would maybe look at correcting the colour balance slightly as the pink tint doesn't look quite right with the blue sky - if it were a letterbox crop without the blue part of the sky it would be ok but I think with the wider scene you expect the upper clouds to be a bit whiter. Gorgeous though

Thanks for the comment, appreciated. :)

Back