Peaches

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Well allthough these are by no means fab I thought best to post before deletion as any feedback is helpfull.

These were taken in the days before my last post "Fruit"

Both were taken in the evening (as that's when the urge took me) but number 2 much later around 10 pm.
Window light. I only mention this as they seem very different to my eye and not being to clever I am assuming it is to do with the quality of light ? Yes/no/other ?
First one taken at 7.50pm.

Feedback apprecaited.

Gaz

IMG_1976_fruit_2.jpg

IMG_2034_fruit_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to see the warmth and vibrancy of the fruit in no 1 on the 2nd pic - does that make sense? I like the way no 2 has muted soft tones and the board you've put the fruit on works beautifully, but I just want to see those peaches looking like no 1 :)

The fruits are pretty ok in the first
May I suggest, for the second…

IMG_2034_fruit_1pp.jpg

Can't see the colours well at the moment, (on the beach) but the composition of the second works well I think.
Not sure about these new angle doughnut peaches, they're easy to eat but haven't got the traditional roundness.

Number 1 depth of field is too shallow causing the front peach to be OOF, otherwise a nice image.

Number 2 colour balance is too cold - an easy tweak in LR. DoF is a bit in-between, having neither everything sharp, nor making use of a shallower focus plane.

I'd love to see the warmth and vibrancy of the fruit in no 1 on the 2nd pic - does that make sense? I like the way no 2 has muted soft tones and the board you've put the fruit on works beautifully, but I just want to see those peaches looking like no 1 :)
Hi Maria. Thank you for the feedback it really helps. Yes I see what you mean about the vibrancy in number 2. As another poster as commented I think the wb is a bit out. I did shoot with cloudy wb and then adjusted down in post " a bit to far me thinks " That said the vibrancy of the first is due to the light I think ?
May I suggest, for the second…
Hiya. Thanks for the edit. Somewhere in the midlle of mine and yours would be a step in the right direction. To my eyes your version as lost it's soft moody/lazy tones ?

Can't see the colours well at the moment, (on the beach) but the composition of the second works well I think.
Not sure about these new angle doughnut peaches, they're easy to eat but haven't got the traditional roundness.
Thanks for the feedback. Composition is not as easy as one would think is it ?. You would think just placing some objects on a table would be very easy.
Number 1 depth of field is too shallow causing the front peach to be OOF, otherwise a nice image.

Number 2 colour balance is too cold - an easy tweak in LR. DoF is a bit in-between, having neither everything sharp, nor making use of a shallower focus plane.
Hi Toni. Thanks for stopping by.
Maybe at the size above you can't tell if sharp. Not sure which peach is the front one but as we view on the screen the peach to the right stood up (in shadow) is falling out of focus on the bottom back half.
The rest are sharp. Will keep an eye out for that next time.
Yes I goofed in post with the wb. It was taken with cloudy wb which was warmer :-( Focus was in the middle of the main peach encompassing the blueberry in front of it.
Agree it looks like I couldnt make my mind up.

Gaz

Nicely lit Gary (y)
Thanks Carl.
Lighting is lovely in the first, though I might have tried to bounce some onto the lower right edges of the peaches so the bases don't merge with the surface. What did you use?
Hi Simon.

Window light was used as in the other thread and bounced some light back in from a peice of card camera right as we veiw the image here.

Gaz

Back