Critique Peak District Holiday

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Hello all,

I have been interested in photography for 3 or 4 years now but never really plucked up the courage to share any photos for critique but thought it now time to lay myself out there to hopefully pick up some tips to improve. I do use Flickr and place any photos I think are worthy on there. Anyway these are a few from my recent holiday in the peaks, an area I love visiting whenever I can.please feel free to let me know any pointers you have I can use on my next trip

Edale sunset.jpg by wolfyccfc, on Flickr

Lords seat from Mam Tor.jpg by wolfyccfc, on Flickr

Rays of Hope from Surprise View.jpg by wolfyccfc, on Flickr

Heather on Surprise View.jpg by wolfyccfc, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
What a cracking set of images, not much wrong with those (y)(y)

I live 45 minutes from the Peaks and shoot there quite often! I'd be chuffed with these images in my gallery! Well done

Hello all,

I have been interested in photography for 3 or 4 years now but never really plucked up the courage to share any photos for critique but thought it now time to lay myself out there to hopefully pick up some tips to improve. I do use Flickr and place any photos I think are worthy on there. Anyway these are a few from my recent holiday in the peaks, an area I love visiting whenever I can.please feel free to let me know any pointers you have I can use on my next trip

Edale sunset.jpg by wolfyccfc, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

this one works for me...some dodging would help on the road...its the key to this shot...
# that leads to your door #
beatles

this one works for me...some dodging would help on the road...its the key to this shot...
# that leads to your door #
beatles

Thanks all for your time taken to comment, mrtoad am I correct in saying dodging the road would be selective highlighting of the road?

Thanks all for your time taken to comment, mrtoad am I correct in saying dodging the road would be selective highlighting of the road?

yes...i have to use this and burning on a lot of my shots as the exposures are somewhat lacking
its only what i would have done if the shot was mine
i cant get my head round out of the camera perfection and usually havent the time or opportunity to get really wowowow shots
so i have gotten used to doing that
its perhaps what an artist might do to accentuate a little are to make the image more succinct....
it was taught to me by someone on here some years ago for portraits and can take some time to get it right
its cheating in its finest form
my opening movements are CC....crop and clone...on any shot...even if i took ages to compose it
there is always something and i feel more in touch with the image manipulating the pixels..
thanks for your kind reply
cheers
geof

Nice set of images. If you have a look at Alex Naile' s website and YouTube site it will show you how to use curves in Photoshop to get a lot out of your images and it's surprisingly easy once you know how. You could easily brighten up the road in pic 1 using this method. I have been watching the videos and it's helped me a lot.

Better luck than we had up there at the weekend.

The shots are nice, and definitely worthy of sharing on here. The first would also have worked in the vertical closer to the edge with the road coming in from the bottom left hand corner losing some of the grass in frame. The second is a lovely shot, that would work well as more of a letter box crop losing some of the blue sky at the top. The third is nice, although moving vegetation with that lack of light is always a challenge and a bit marmite on here. The fourth, I know not your fault lack of light on the foreground, but the colour balance is too blue even considering that.

Nice set though, look forward to seeing more from you.

Back