Peaks again (in colour)

You should be very well pleased with that one, Neil; its brilliant.

Dave

A calming image here Neil!

You should be very well pleased with that one, Neil; its brilliant.

Dave
Cheers Dave

Prefer the colour version but I'd remove the vignette - you don't need one to focus the viewers eye, the direction of the water and stacks do it anyway
Cheers Steve, Vignette is more for creating mood rather focussing viewers eye, I will go back and take a look but think it felt a little lifeless.

A calming image here Neil!
Thanks Andrew :)

Cheers Steve, Vignette is more for creating mood rather focussing viewers eye, I will go back and take a look but think it felt a little lifeless.

It's your image but I don't personally feel it adds mood, it just makes parts of the image dark and harder to see. I reckon it would look just great without it. Rarely do they work well in my view.

Last edited:
I prefer this one to the earlier B&W, the composition is far better with the channel of water leading you through the shot. Nice!

I think I prefer this one too Neil, and yes I was in Vik a couple of days ago and the resemblance is there. The lead in of the channel and softer tones in there are a nice contrast to the rocks.

I prefer this one to the earlier B&W, the composition is far better with the channel of water leading you through the shot. Nice!
Cheers mate, this one does seem to have gone down well on SM. Agree on the composition but wanted to keep the mono LE much simpler and still pretty happy with that shot.

That water going into the sea, looks surreal, almost like silk.
Thanks Mark

I think I prefer this one too Neil, and yes I was in Vik a couple of days ago and the resemblance is there. The lead in of the channel and softer tones in there are a nice contrast to the rocks.
Cheers Craig

I am liking this a lot. Sorry to say I also would like to see it without the vignette ... the tones are just gorgeous

I think its superb.

As regards the vignette just do your own thing. I'm not a massive fan of taking the images other folks want us to take. If you think its right then its right.

I think its superb.

As regards the vignette just do your own thing. I'm not a massive fan of taking the images other folks want us to take. If you think its right then its right.
Thanks Mark :) 100% agree, I'm creating it for myself at the end of the day and like the mood and extra tonal range the vignette creates.

Nice work Neil I like tones in this
Cheers Alf :)

Back