Pecker from the side

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Think this one is just a bit too tight in the frame.It was in landscape format & I cropped to portrait but I am not sure that it works?
Gt_Sptd.jpg

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

it's horrid
all sharp and exposed and beautiful
and the whites are nicely controlled
and the feather detail

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

(seriously - it's incredibly good IMHO!)

the crop is tight but apart from that I love it, great colours!

Thanks folks Another first for me on here. Never been called a toerag on here before:LOL:
Cheers Ian. I think we are both agreed its to tight a crop.I printed it to A4 & I thought it didnt look too bad:thinking:

Lovely shot Charles. I agree about the framing being a bit tight, but the plain background really makes this shot stand out. I was a bit worried about the thread title initially. :puke:

Love it! A teenie weensie bit tight....... BUT WHAT A SHOT!!!!!!! :eek:

Great shot, though a little tight for me.......:), what is the background out of interest?

Thanks folks Another first for me on here. Never been called a toerag on here before:LOL:
Cheers Ian. I think we are both agreed its to tight a crop.I printed it to A4 & I thought it didnt look too bad:thinking:

Is strange how print and screen look different though :)

It makes it feel a little claustrophobic as its head is too close to the top if you see what i mean ?

Lovely shot Charles. I agree about the framing being a bit tight, but the plain background really makes this shot stand out. I was a bit worried about the thread title initially. :puke:

Thanks again folks. As to the title I was just obliging Janice!http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59301
The black background is actually the stems of young Birch trees at the thicket stage. They were far enough out of focus to give me that plain background which I liked too. Agree with Ian too that the bird needs more headroom in that shot. Ah well back to the drawing board.:thinking:

Its a really quick and obviously nasty edit Charlie but its not the end of the world :)

Gt_Sptd1.jpg

Added 2cm to the top of the canvas size, then cloned upwards :) is obvious on the tree but with some time and effort it would certainly come round :)

Its a really quick and obviously nasty edit Charlie but its not the end of the world :)

Gt_Sptd1.jpg

Added 2cm to the top of the canvas size, then cloned upwards :) is obvious on the tree but with some time and effort it would certainly come round :)
With my PS skills I would be quicker trying to do it properly in camera this time.:LOL:
See what you mean though(y)

Back