Peel Crags

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A cracking start to the day along Hadrians Wall, shooting along Peel Crags in the gorgeous misty conditions. Sunrise was one of those cloudless affairs, but the fog that I expected didn't let me down...nor did the random person atop the crags!

Peel Crags by Martin Steele, on Flickr

I think that lone tree needs some credit too it really balances the image out - it’s top drawer mono

I think that lone tree needs some credit too it really balances the image out - it’s top drawer mono
I couldn't agree more, it was the tree I was initially drawn to :)

Thanks folks :)

Thank you. I feel there could be a square crop in there somewhere, but I rarely make 1x1 images :)

Personally I'd leave it as it is. The dark curve adds to the sense of height and the mist rolling over the tops then falling away. I can see what @Pomo is saying, but it is amazing how a crop can change the direction of a photo. Square, the eye would just jump along the ridgeline, which would work and it would be balanced. Vertically as it is, it has that depth anyway, but height and for me tells a story about the atmospherics and what they are doing for me.

Top shot and good conversion.

Personally I'd leave it as it is. The dark curve adds to the sense of height and the mist rolling over the tops then falling away. I can see what @Pomo is saying, but it is amazing how a crop can change the direction of a photo. Square, the eye would just jump along the ridgeline, which would work and it would be balanced. Vertically as it is, it has that depth anyway, but height and for me tells a story about the atmospherics and what they are doing for me.

Top shot and good conversion.

Thanks Craig....exactly why it was cropped and processed as it is, I'm glad you like it and appreciate it for how it was supposed to be seen :)

Back