Pen for signing photo paper?

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
Is there a pen that would give a similar finish to that of pencil on normal paper for use on photo paper? I mostly print on lustre and I've not found anything that gives the right result. TIA.

Not entirely sure what you mean, and I’m not sure what you’ve already tried, but I was advised to use a pigment ink pen when writing on photo paper. I got a couple from Ryman’s and they work fine, I use them to title / sign prints on baryta inkjet paper.

Can’t give you the brand, etc. as I’m away at the mo.

Basically I want a pen that I can use to sign on photo paper that is not too strong/dark and prominent. I normally use pencil for papers like Hahnemühle matt - it's subtle and non distracting. Obviously pencil won't work on glossy or lustre photo papers.

I've used Pigma Micron pigment ink pens for drawing for years but they only seem to be available with black or coloured ink. I've not used this brand but they are available with two shades of grey ink which might be similar to pencil.

Being a sucker for pens and stationery I bought myself some of the grey pens above. Oddly the black ones state pigment ink on the pen but the grey ones only claim only to be 'water and fade proof'.

Anyway, the light grey is the closest match to pencil for colour. The ink dries quickly even on gloss photo paper.

Pity they are only available in 0.5mm and 0.1mm as I'd prefer 0.3mm.

That's all I can say really. HTH

Back