Pen y Fan View

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
Well the weather man promised a little snow and a couple of minus degrees of temperature. A quick bit of research and with gusts of 50mph the wind chill would be around -14 and 2 to 3 cm on snow and a clearing sky around sunrise.

Early alarm set, 75 miles later in the car park. Certainly bloody freezing and already 3 cm of snow. Wrapped up warm and headed up to the top, certainly very windy with the odd serious gust. Settled down and waited 10 mins or so for the nonevent sunrise, took a few shots then the sun broke over the cloud.

Personally my favourite and most productive purposeful landscape shot to date.

Hope you like it?

View from Pen y Fan by Kev Spiers, on Flickr

That's really nice and a great effort for getting up there. Have you added clarity at all? IMO it makes the shot look a little bit 'plastic' if you have but a well taken photo of a wonderful place :)

Yup - I like that:)
Worth getting up for. I really need to get out soon - seem to have lost a lot of motivation these days:(

I've walked that in the spring time but it looks marvellous in the snow, well captured and worth the early alarm (y)

Certainly has had a good amount of snow, fantastic especially with the walkers as Rory pointed out in the frame when viewed larger in flickr

Certainly worth the effort of getting up and up there in time for the sun breaking through.
Have you looked at a crop from the rhs - as it is the brightest area and it seem to take you out of the image,might be worth a look at.

Kudos to you. Not sure I could drag myself out of bed with that climb in store. I know how cold the wind chill can be on that ridge, even on a temperate day. I'm glad the sun peaked out to give you your reward.

Back