Pen yr Ole Wen

I think this is an extremely good shot and quite possibly the best shot ever taken from this spot (in the winter that is). I like the big sky above the frame too.

Processing wise - if it was me I'd ease back slightly on the contrast and blacks, and lift up slightly the shadow details. I'd want a little more detail on the mountain face on the lower left and I would remove the subtle vingette - a lot say vingettes help drawer the views eye in - I don't buy it and with the very strong composition you don't need to resort to this to achieve that.

I think this is an extremely good shot and quite possibly the best shot ever taken from this spot (in the winter that is). I like the big sky above the frame too.

Processing wise - if it was me I'd ease back slightly on the contrast and blacks, and lift up slightly the shadow details. I'd want a little more detail on the mountain face on the lower left and I would remove the subtle vingette - a lot say vingettes help drawer the views eye in - I don't buy it and with the very strong composition you don't need to resort to this to achieve that.

Cheers for helpful feedback Steve, much appreciated. :)

cracking shot

Cheers!

A lovely image Jason, definatley worth the wait.

Nice image. Agree above regarding processing.

Personally I’d take a bit off the sky, I think it’d help the proportions of the image more. Perhaps about a 3rd off the sky makes this a better image IMO.

A lovely image Jason, definatley worth the wait.
Very nice Jason
Nice image. Agree above regarding processing.

Personally I’d take a bit off the sky, I think it’d help the proportions of the image more. Perhaps about a 3rd off the sky makes this a better image IMO.
Yes liking this, slight lift on the shadows would improve
I think this really excels at capturing the arctic feel and the hostile weather. That light really makes the shot. Well done for braving out that mysery.
Nice shot Jason. Excellent mood and the muted colours compliment each other well.
Lovely, the green and the snow give a nice foreground texture against the mountain.

Thanks all, glad my suffering was worthwhile. My boots still haven’t dried out. :p

Re; lifting the shadows. I’ll certainly give it a try over the next few days, thanks for the pointers. I do want to keep the ‘gloomy‘ mood but I’m sure another look and tweak to the processing can’t hurt. (y)

Love this shot Jason, I know the area well but you have made the most out of the conditions and processed the sky nicely too.

Back