Penrhos red squirrels

I agree WB is off a tad- easy enough fix though

Lovely set by the way

Les :)

Great set, especially the first. Where on Anglesey were these taken? The only Penrhos I know of is on Holy Island near Holyhead.

Thanks.

Howard

Great set, especially the first. Where on Anglesey were these taken? The only Penrhos I know of is on Holy Island near Holyhead.

Thanks.

Howard
I would think that’s correct her profile gives Anglesey ,and the initial post says local ... most of the squirrels on the island tend to be pure reds as well , as opposed to formby that have blacks mixed in .

Have just looked at this -http://www.redsquirrels.info/map-holder/distribution-maps/ and have been truly amazed as I had never before heard of red squirrels at Penrhos. Whenever we visit Holyhead we always stop at the nature reserve for our sandwiches and only walk along the coast. In future we must go along some of the paths into the woods.

Often chased out of the woods many years ago when it was privately owned!

Thanks very much Tarra for the information.

Howard

Thanks for all the comments guys, I’ll have a look at the wb.
It is indeed Penrhos coastal park on Holy island, Anglesey. We’re very lucky to have a good colony of Reds in the park and all over the island. There are feeding stations in a couple of spots in the park which are well visited, the main issue is avoiding getting the feeders in the shots :)

Thanks for all the comments guys, I’ll have a look at the wb.
It is indeed Penrhos coastal park on Holy island, Anglesey. We’re very lucky to have a good colony of Reds in the park and all over the island. There are feeding stations in a couple of spots in the park which are well visited, the main issue is avoiding getting the feeders in the shots :)

Hi, Tara

Thanks very much for that information, we live and learn. Next time we're in Holyhead we'll definitely have to have a wander into the woods. Hope the proposed new holiday park development doesn't adversely affect them.

Howard

Another place to visit in the future . You can get some crackers at the dingle due to the steep valley sides so there at eye level

Back