Pentax KX and really OLD Fuji Super HG 1600 !

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Year ago I was given a load of Fuji Super HG 1600 film by photo dept pf the Yellow Advertiser Group as they were going digital . It's been in my Fridge for years -- must be from the 1990's.
I also got given some Fuji Press 800 so have used that occasionally. I thought I would try the 1600 so took a series from 1000 ASA to 125 ASA in my Pentax KX which I have not used for a while and cut and processed the short length -- the best exposure was rating it at 125 ASA - all the others were 'thin' I re-loaded the KX and went out and took 12 shots and cut that and processed -- there was a HUGE Fog Level BUT with a good light behind negs looked 'promising' . I scanned with my Canon 9000F Mk II + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer to adjust as scans were 'soft' in Saturation and contrast and some had a Cyan cast. I show just 3KX Super HG 1600 01.jpgKX Super HG 1600 02.jpgKX Super HG 1600 03.jpg results

Had to work on scans in FastStone Image Viewer as they were 'Cyan' and 'soft' in contrast.

Remarkably good considering your explanation. Of course the KX is a jolly good camera (I really like mine)

Back