People on the street at night

Have looked at this 3 or 4 times and can only presume lack of comments is down to people thinking this is a 'mistake' shot but for me it comes across as street life at night artwork - read into the blurred human forms all the inner good and bad qualities of our species and all that goes with it and I see this as reflective in this image. The POV and composition of the image do not suggest a mistaken take for me and the monochrome adds to the thought provocation.

Have looked at this 3 or 4 times and can only presume lack of comments is down to people thinking this is a 'mistake' shot but for me it comes across as street life at night artwork - read into the blurred human forms all the inner good and bad qualities of our species and all that goes with it and I see this as reflective in this image. The POV and composition of the image do not suggest a mistaken take for me and the monochrome adds to the thought provocation.

Hello, Ady N, and thanks for your comment.

Hi @Pomo and welcome to TP.
I’ll add to the above, there’ll be little reaction to this because TP isn’t really used to judging photos from a creative / artistic perspective.

99% of amateur and 95% of pro photographers are simply unable to consider photography as an actual creative pursuit. So there’s not much comment beyond sharpness and exposure, and where there is, it’s generally compositional.

For my 2 pennorth, if you really want CC regarding an image, it helps to know what was your intent?

I could give detailed critique for you then to say I’d misunderstood the intent.

So, help us out, what did you want to achieve?

Hi @Pomo and welcome to TP.
I’ll add to the above, there’ll be little reaction to this because TP isn’t really used to judging photos from a creative / artistic perspective.

99% of amateur and 95% of pro photographers are simply unable to consider photography as an actual creative pursuit. So there’s not much comment beyond sharpness and exposure, and where there is, it’s generally compositional.

For my 2 pennorth, if you really want CC regarding an image, it helps to know what was your intent?

I could give detailed critique for you then to say I’d misunderstood the intent.

So, help us out, what did you want to achieve?

Hello Phil V !

Well, I'm interested in criticism and reaction from different people, whether they are professionals or beginners. I started taking pictures a year ago, using a phone, and picked up my first camera few months ago. Therefore, criticism does a great job for me, helping to advance my photos.

I'm also interested in knowing some photographers from UK, because they represent a different culture that interests me.

Last edited:
I think.. extravagantly arty shots work well when presented as part of a larger body of work.

In isolation and without any context or explanation it looks like a mistake. Even if the blur is deliberate then the blown jacket on the left is a problem.

.. but please do keep posting stuff like this, I'd love to see more ..

I think.. extravagantly arty shots work well when presented as part of a larger body of work.

In isolation and without any context or explanation it looks like a mistake. Even if the blur is deliberate then the blown jacket on the left is a problem.

.. but please do keep posting stuff like this, I'd love to see more ..

I got it. Thanks for your comment.

to be honest whatever I say will be wrong so here we go "is this a joke?" I dont see anything creative, artistic or photographic. Sorry

Isn't that the guy from the movie 'Sinister'... second from left?

whatever I say will be wrong

There is nothing wrong with your opinion…
perfectly legitimate in my book though I
do not share it… just an other opinion! :cool:

Last edited:
to be honest whatever I say will be wrong so here we go "is this a joke?" I dont see anything creative, artistic or photographic. Sorry

I dont think these are a joke, far from it. Bit of an insulting comment to the author imo.
But 'creative' and 'happy accident' shots like these will always divide opinion. Like Simon says, if these were part of a collection, such as a book or in a gallery i would love them! I can see this type of photo beautifully framed and mounted in my house.

I dont think these are a joke, far from it. Bit of an insulting comment to the author imo.
But 'creative' and 'happy accident' shots like these will always divide opinion. Like Simon says, if these were part of a collection, such as a book or in a gallery i would love them! I can see this type of photo beautifully framed and mounted in my house.
Thanks for your comment, Bluedog.

I dont think these are a joke, far from it. Bit of an insulting comment to the author imo

You are entitled to your opinion as am I.
I can assure you there was no malice intended in my post towards the author. hence the word "sorry" did you miss that part? :sulk:
but thank you for being insulted on behalf of the author. :police:

I'll just disappear into the darkness again and stop trying to offer CC if that's OK with you.

Last edited:
Every word said, any picture shown may be received differently by
all who hear or see it. Not everyone is sensible to a same thing but
physical pain perhaps and nobody should be expected to react the
same way than anyone else.

So, he doesn't like it… fair enough but I thing I did not see, feel any
type of insulting attitude or purpose in the comment though even with
my translator I do not always recognize the finesses of your language.
I'll just disappear into the darkness again and stop trying to learn how to offer CC if that's OK with you.
That would be a shame! :(

You are entitled to your opinion as am I.
I can assure you there was no malice intended in my post towards the author. hence the word "sorry" did you miss that part? :sulk:
but thank you for being insulted on behalf of the author. :police:

I'll just disappear into the darkness again and stop trying to offer CC if that's OK with you.

No don't disappear, it would be a shame as Kodiak said! Only words at the end of the day!

Back