People's Vote March: London, Mar 2019

Name
Rob Telford
Edit My Images
No
My take on yesterday's events as a follow-on from Dan Cook's thread.

I've a slightly larger selection in an album over on Flickr.

As noted by TP Staff Member Marc there, if you have any comments on the politics, there is a thread Hot Topics for Brexit discussions ;)

Guilty Feminists
by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Artist At Work

EU Forever

Scaffolding

bEaUtiful

So Not Tired

Build Unions, Not Borders by Rob Telford, on Flickr

I Don't Want To Lose EU

Last edited:
I took my photos in black and white 'mode', and wanted to deliver them in black and white :D but in the end felt bad for covering up that colour...

but i do not miss colour here :)

I took my photos in black and white 'mode', and wanted to deliver them in black and white :D but in the end felt bad for covering up that colour...

but i do not miss colour here :)

Thanks Dan - I took a similar path and hesitated over sticking with monochrome once I had them home. In the end, I tend to think in mono and that's how they were conceived, so they stayed that way.

Old habits acquired when I used to buy Ilford FP4 and HP5 in bulk tins and process at home; my visual thinking and workflow are built around mono
.... and I was mucking about in my mother's kitchen with C41 and lots of Durst kit including one of those marvellous balloon shaped things containing the tubes of the chemistry, where the internal air was regulated at a set temperature and supposedly kept the chemistry at precisely the right temperature to produce colour prints:cool:

Last edited:
Great set (though I do not understand why monochrome is preferred to full colour).
Old habits acquired when I used to buy Ilford FP4 and HP5 in bulk tins and process at home; my visual thinking and workflow are built around mono

I can relate well with that Rob as I predominantly shoot film ( b&w neg) and "naturally" see any given scene in shades of grey.
Hence even my digital kit is set to monochrome as default

Quite amusing at times as people will often say to me what a beautiful sunny blue sky day for photography and look completely bemused when I state that in actual fact the sky is grey:LOL:

.... and I was mucking about in my mother's kitchen with C41 and lots of Durst kit including one of those marvellous balloon shaped things containing the tubes of the chemistry, where the internal air was regulated at a set temperature and supposedly kept the chemistry at precisely the right temperature to produce colour prints:cool:

I think I tried developing C41 just once in my life and it just seemed like too much faff. If I shoot colour film I usually prefer slide and simply leave it to the lab (which is a huge incentive to get things right in camera).

The scaffolding shot was the key to removing any hesitation I may have had over this set; it simply doesn’t work (for me) in colour. Everything else could hold its own quite happily in b/w, so I stuck with it.

“Excellent” set of shots, and very nicely presented.

George.

Back