Perch Rock Lighthouse sunrise

lh x by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

Hi Nigel
a good take...for real power in the image try gradually cropping down the sky...till the lighthouse and its reflection takes dominance
and viola...or violin
your there
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Oh Yes , lovely cloud formation , light house , reflection and some foreground interest

The original is just lovely, lost all its sunset feeling in the second image :(

Lovely shot, I prefer the original as well, the warmth, contrast and composition goes missing in Geof's take, for some reason, and I too feel that the clouds really add to the image - I can see what Geof is suggesting with the composition of the second and usually that would work well for a lot of reflection scenes but here the original composition works best. But I think it should be very much commended when someone goes out of their way to try and help others with their photography, there's more to that than just clicking 'Like' so well done for that. And well done for a nice image too.

Original is spot on, really nice shot. Are the highlights a tad hot on the RHS of the lighthouse though? Something to bear in mind if you print.

Nigel keep the composition and clouds
Thew right hand side of the lighthouse and reflection are blown

Original for me... sometimes it's too tempting to mess about in PP... leave as was always tends to work for me! Great image!

Back