Perch Rock Lighthouse

Lovely shot and definitely worth it. I see drama and powerful nature at work. I would personally process it a fair bit further as I have a feeling those colours were very vibrant. I could be wrong but it wouldn't hurt either way. And a little bit more contrast too.

I wouldn't use words "moody" on its own as it only really says the image has mood which could be anything from uplifting to depressing. Hopefully we won't change the meaning of yet another word to something it wasn't (i.e. typically on here dark or underexposed). Just like "smell" doesn't mean bad smell, but for some reason that's how its used.

Very nice Nigel

First up, I do like this, but it is just me who thinks it's a bit foreground heavy and midground light. Not usually a fan of sporadic bits of blue sky in a picture leading out of the frame, prefer any bits of blue sky to be uniformly scattered through the frame, but think this slash of blue sky works within the context of the picture. It almost looks like the lighthouse is projecting it.
Regards the foreground/midground battle, my preference would be to lose almost all the immediate foreground (despite being quite attractive in terms of texture, flow and motion) to somewhere just below the semi submerged rock on the right, this somewhat helps address the balance issue but does pull the horizon towards the middle of the frame.
Overall though an enjoyable seascape.

Very nice, well done.

First up, I do like this, but it is just me who thinks it's a bit foreground heavy and midground light. Not usually a fan of sporadic bits of blue sky in a picture leading out of the frame, prefer any bits of blue sky to be uniformly scattered through the frame, but think this slash of blue sky works within the context of the picture. It almost looks like the lighthouse is projecting it.
Regards the foreground/midground battle, my preference would be to lose almost all the immediate foreground (despite being quite attractive in terms of texture, flow and motion) to somewhere just below the semi submerged rock on the right, this somewhat helps address the balance issue but does pull the horizon towards the middle of the frame.
Overall though an enjoyable seascape.

Thanks for your comments Scott, much appreciated. I'll give it a crop as you describe and put them side by side on my monitor and take a crital look

Back