Peregrine Falcon

Nice set there, I like #2 ... you've got good focus on the bird and the startled white pigeon adds well to the image :)

Nice set Ian, I like #3, looks like it's got it's eye on something!

I suppose 3 is technically the best- nailed focus and good exposure but I rather like them all, they all have a lot of merit in their subject.

Thank you all for the comments, much appreciated :)
Great shots. Derby Cathedral?
No not Derby Cathedral Richard, I'll give you two more guesses lol :)

Amazing (to me) photos.

Just how do you get those.

All bird photos are either just good luck, or painstaking and patient hard work. Your photos of the bird are so sharp,...

Terrific, really looks into the birds life style

MJ

Right place at the right time, very well done.........

Okay, Belper? I thought one of the birds had been shot.
It is indeed the River Gardens at Belper, the shot bird was quickly replaced by the female, they now have three young, plenty of opportunities for great action shots food arriving thick and fast :)
Sorry for the late reply Richard I've been a bit busy of late we moved home recently :)
May I take this opportunity to put in a link to my friends Flickr page for the Belper Peregrines, all who go and get pictures down there are welcome to post them there https://www.flickr.com/groups/belper-peregrines-2015/

Thank you for the kind comments all :)

PS. It is the closest I've been to wild Peregrines to get pictures, well worth a trip :)

Last edited:
Thank you for the link, some great images on there. I will plan a trip over there.

Thank you for the link, some great images on there. I will plan a trip over there.

Not a problem, there was some sad news from Belper today, one of the chicks has fallen out of the nest and did not survive the fall :(

Not a problem, there was some sad news from Belper today, one of the chicks has fallen out of the nest and did not survive the fall :(
Very sad news. When I look at some of the webcams and the young strengthening their wings, I fear the worst.

Back