Peregrine Falcon

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Saw a Peregrine Falcon today, too far away to be anything more than record shots but pleased I got one at last ... now to get one closer :)

Peregrine-3.jpg

Peregrine-2.jpg

Peregrine-4.jpg

Peregrine.jpg

Left the 'blobs' in as they were birds rushing to escape :)

nice to see hope you can get it again

Well done (y) as said, very nice to see :)

Always special to see, Roger, so congrats on the capture. I really like #1 as it shows the possibly prey fleeing as the falcon exits left.

Saw a Peregrine Falcon today, too far away to be anything more than record shots but pleased I got one at last ... now to get one closer :)

View attachment 55975

View attachment 55976

View attachment 55977

View attachment 55978

Left the 'blobs' in as they were birds rushing to escape :)
Pretty good record shots, they look great to me!
Fantastic birds to see in the wild - there's often one at Titchwell which is only a short distance from where I live, never managed a good shot but one day it will happen hopefully. I missed one a few weeks ago that flew in front of the main hide and caught a Lapwing on the scrape and then did what they do best, plucked and dispatched!

Pretty good record shots, they look great to me!
Fantastic birds to see in the wild - there's often one at Titchwell which is only a short distance from where I live, never managed a good shot but one day it will happen hopefully. I missed one a few weeks ago that flew in front of the main hide and caught a Lapwing on the scrape and then did what they do best, plucked and dispatched!

Thanks, I've only seen one in flight before and that zoomed straight across in front of the hide chased by Rooks ... I was mesmerised but would never have been quick enough to get a shot off :)

I was on Skokholm Island a couple of years ago & had one follow me up & down the coastal path screaming at me . It was quite a sight :)

Thanks, would have loved to have been closer but not to be at the moment :)

Back