Personalised Debit Card

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Got an email from Barclays this morning offering me a personalised debit card (mine expires in June). I'm just a little wary as it asks for my card details but doesn't seem to need me to actually log in to online banking. The web address it links to is https://secure.personalisedcard.barclays.co.uk/

Anyone else done this? Am I just being paranoid?

I would have thought you would have a similar message when you log into your bank account if it was legit.

Would it be best to ask the bank themselves rather then a forum ?

I would have thought you would have a similar message when you log into your bank account if it was legit.

I don't have a login, it's registered against my wife's name which is another reason I'm suspicious

Would it be best to ask the bank themselves rather then a forum ?

I'm just asking if anyone else has had this?

Their grasp on UK copyright law seems a bit... vague!

Is anything in it copyright? ✓ I don’t see any © or watermarks on it.

Not that it matters since it's your own pic that you'll be using.

Their grasp on UK copyright law seems a bit... vague!

Not that it matters since it's your own pic that you'll be using.

Yes, that did raise a eyebrow.

Does it show anything to do with banks or money?
✓ I don’t see anything to do with banks (or building societies and the like) or money or currency or financial things like that.
So, a Lego bank robber would be out, but a Lego jewel thief would be okay?

Reactions: Nod
I got three images I’d taken turned down for a card in the past before they finally accepted one. The reason fave for the first three was they believed I hadn’t taken the photos myself and required the permission of the copyright holder.

My “I am the copyright holder” response fell on deaf ears.

Got an email from Barclays this morning offering me a personalised debit card (mine expires in June). I'm just a little wary as it asks for my card details but doesn't seem to need me to actually log in to online banking. The web address it links to is https://secure.personalisedcard.barclays.co.uk/

Anyone else done this? Am I just being paranoid?

Nah. You're not paranoid. You know what they say: Better safer than sorry.

And you can always take the whole lot to your local branch, show it all to a staff, and enquiry about it. After all that's what they're there for, to help you out. Just take it to the local bank and let them check it out for you.

And you can always take the whole lot to your local branch, show it all to a staff, and enquiry about it. After all that's what they're there for, to help you out. Just take it to the local bank and let them check it out for you.

That would be a 20 mile trip and parking charges. they keep closing all the local branches, we don't have a bank at all here just a weekly visit from their mobile van

It's all good, I phoned them yesterday.

I got three images I’d taken turned down for a card in the past before they finally accepted one. The reason fave for the first three was they believed I hadn’t taken the photos myself and required the permission of the copyright holder.

My “I am the copyright holder” response fell on deaf ears.

Got an email this morning to say my photo has been approved, I'm quite insulted! :LOL:

Kellogs refused to etch "Massive Cock" on my breakfast spoon. Then again, their cornflakes were designed as an anti wakning preparation!!!

Back