East Anglia Peterborough Locations

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Im working in Peterborough for the next couple of days and will have 2 evenings to try and get out of my hotel room. I used to live around Rutland/Stamford so know that area quite well, and am aware that Lincolnshire/Cambridgeshire is so flat you can watch your dog run away for 3 days!
I was thinking of a sunset/dusk type photo with a dyke/windmill/river type shot. I like landscape/cityscape and aviation photography. Also street photography, but I wouldn't feel safe in P'Boro centre on an evening and walking back to the hotel.
Is anyone with good local knowledge available to advise on locations etc? I don't want to travel too far and ive done peterborough Cathedral.

TIA.

How about this nice little church, St Andrews at Woodwalton. I believe the sun sets behind it, but best check on a suitable app
(Haven't corrected verticals etc, its just to illustrate it)
IMG_0297 1.jpg

Don't know quite what you consider too far to travel but Crowland has some interesting 'features' - ruined Abbey and strange bridge (Trinity Bridge)! St.Ives is photogenic

Crowland Abbey History

Don't know quite what you consider too far to travel but Crowland has some interesting 'features' - ruined Abbey and strange bridge (Trinity Bridge)! St.Ives is photogenic

Crowland Abbey History

Agree with all the above, I live in St Ives and can highlight a few things if its not too far for you.
Houghton Mill is another good option, Hemingfords are quite photogenic too.

Last edited:
Back