weekly Phil S 52 in 2020. Complete!

Great take on the theme and very clever composition, I like the use of mono and your thinking behind it.

Really like it, the idea is good, the light is good.
What's not to like.

I had the same idea, initially, and it was going to be Rummy! great minds etc etc. :D Anyway, nice shot and the mono processing works well, also a good DoF and pool of light which draws the eye nicely in.
Really nice shot with the light going diagonally across from dark to light. B&W really 'suits' it as well!
Nice lateral thinking there Phil.
Good use of DoF as well
That's a great shot Phil for the discarded theme Phil!;)
Very creative!(y)

I remember a shot of mine from last year, where I too tried to factor in motion blur whilst throwing cards....it's next to impossible, so after about 50 or 60 shots, I gave up!!:giggle:

Yours is an excellent image, good use of DoF and very well processed for b&w.
Nice to see a different take on the theme. Good b&w conversion.
Very nice take on the theme Phil, and imo it goes great in mono.
Great image and interpretation of the theme, I would probably have moved the card in the hand slightly to the left to hide the part of the cards below that is only a sliver of the suit graphic
Very nicely thought through really like the B&W processing a nice original idea.
A well thought out interpretation of the theme. I like the light and the processing.
Great processing, really well set up, I like this shot.
B&W really suits it.
Nice interpretation of the theme. I agree with you I think the B&W works for this photo because the colours of the suits does not distract the eye. I love the grain of the wood in the table blending with the cards. Thumbs up from me
Good shot Phil, and a clever idea.
Lovely composition - understand the choice for B&W, but I'm visualising a shot with all one colour in the hands and discarding the opposite?
Cleverest interpretation of the theme for this one - nicely shot too :)
good take on the theme I like the Pov.
Nice idea on discarded, nicely executed. :)
Great take on the theme and very clever composition, I like the use of mono and your thinking behind it.
Good thinking behind this shot and very well executed!! Top job!
Great to see a different take on the theme, Phil (y) The selective focus brings the eye straight to the card and B&W was a good choice to remove any distracting colour. The background is also a good choice and contrasts nicely with the hand and cards.
Really like it, the idea is good, the light is good.
What's not to like.

Thanks for all the comments.

Very nice, well lit and nice background separation. :)

Nicely lit Phil, loads of detail in the veins too :)

Nice flaaarz Phil!

Nicely lit and set up the red really stands out against the background.

Lovely detail.

That's a really nice flower image, I love the colours and the way it's lit and your choice of background really makes the red and green 'pop'.

stands out well against the back ground and great detail int he petals

Nice sharp LTT Phil, and no distracting background either

Lovely little budgie :)

There is a stunning amount of detail on that - wow! Great background as well with nothing to distract, but not blown out and enough of a background to ensure you know that it really is wild!

Hi Phil,
Great image for Discarded. Sharp where it needs to be and great contrast.
Snappers choice is a good vivid shot. Well lit.
Your shot for wild is fantastic. So much detail in the feathers. :clap:

Beautiful long tailed tit for wild :) nicely captured

Snappers choice - you've managed a good depth of field in this one. Nice colours too.

Last edited:
Great detail including the feathers with the ideal background, one of my favs this week
Thanks Stuart
Nice sharp LTT Phil, and no distracting background either
Lovely little budgie :)
Great focus and DOF. What a lovely bird
There is a stunning amount of detail on that - wow! Great background as well with nothing to distract, but not blown out and enough of a background to ensure you know that it really is wild!
Hi Phil,
Great image for Discarded. Sharp where it needs to be and great contrast.
Snappers choice is a good vivid shot. Well lit.
Your shot for wild is fantastic. So much detail in the feathers. :clap:
You caught that Long tailed Tit very nicely.
Beautiful long tailed tit for wild :) nicely captured

Snappers choice - you've managed a good depth of field in this one. Nice colours too.
Lovely detail pic of a beautiful bird.

Thanks for all your kind comments.

Very sad to see her in this state, but on theme and nicely shot. Thanks for reminding me!
Apart from the chips around the neck all the parts are there so could be repaired without too much trouble.

Its a shame to see it "Broken"
Its very imaginative being laid out like that, Phil and TBH it reminds me of a voodoo doll!

Nice broken doll shot.

Back