weekly Phil S 52 in 2020. Complete!

Well captured and very textured / detailed. Patience from both subject and shooter :)

Household item
A good minimalistic shot, I quite like the processing.

Hidden
Not hidden enough from a pesky photographer ;)
It's a good find and we'll framed by the foliage.

Loads of detail in the feathers there Phil.
Well spotted and captured
Nice picture of the bird well spotted and perfect for the theme
Well spotted Phil, I was out looking for the yellow hammers again, but couldnt find them, too well hidden away.
Yep - nice young Spadger!
Lovely image, great for the theme and really nicely done.
Good eyes. Great shot! Matches the theme perfectly, well done
Good work and the focus is spot-on. Nice texture and details in its feather too.
Cracking detailed shot.
Nicely spotted and captured some great detail in the feathers as others have already said.
Nice shot Phil. I like it a lot.
Looks like I feel when I'm waiting for food :)

Nicely taken - lots of detail there!
Well captured and very textured / detailed. Patience from both subject and shooter :)
Nicely shot/framed through the foliage, and nicely done not disturbing it.
Household item
A good minimalistic shot, I quite like the processing.

Hidden
Not hidden enough from a pesky photographer ;)
It's a good find and we'll framed by the foliage.
Fantastic. Even more so because he/she is looking straight at the camera.

Thanks folks, greatly appreciated.

Nicely done Skipper

Well done for catching those images! I can never seem to get close to them. The colours are great and you've controlled the harsh light very well.

Both nice, but the perch for the Skipper sets it off nicely.

Lovely macro shots Phil.

Nicely done Skipper
Nice butterflies, they do seem to fly off as soon as a camera gets near.
Very nice small skipper shot.
Two good shots and well done for getting them
Well done for catching those images! I can never seem to get close to them. The colours are great and you've controlled the harsh light very well.
Both nice, but the perch for the Skipper sets it off nicely.
Lovely macro shots Phil.
I prefer the Gatekeeper, it's a cleaner shot.

I posted the skipper so I could have 'small' in the title!

Thanks folks for the comments.

Week 25 - Snapper's choice

Malham cove by Philip Stanley, on Flickr

Taken on a walk from Malham to the tarn and then back via the cove. It was good to see peregrine falcons wheeling and diving around the cliff face - one luckily landed nearby

20200624-IMG07857.jpg

Last edited:
It's a long time since I was at Malham (school trips spring to mind). Lovely shot of a gorgeous place.

Was in Malham a couple of years ago amazing place both pictures work for me

A nice rugged landscape Phil, and well caught on Peregrine, just in case you hadn't spotted it, Its resting up to put over its crop, following a successful kill.

Nice couple of pix. I was only recommending a walk up there to a friend earlier this week. Via Janet's Foss.

2 very nice images. I really like the bird pic best (but then, i'm a sucker for a bird :) )

Small: Very nicely captured and well seen too.

Snappers Choice: 2 great images love the landscape but the Falcon is my favorite.

It's a long time since I was at Malham (school trips spring to mind). Lovely shot of a gorgeous place.
Was in Malham a couple of years ago amazing place both pictures work for me
I like the composition with the cliff face leading you in.
And a cracking falcon.
I don't really feel qualified to comment on these as I don't bird of landscape, but I think of the two, the bird for me as it has the more stand out subject.
I have no idea where Malham is but the location looks like an interesting place for sunrise/sunset shots.
A nice rugged landscape Phil, and well caught on Peregrine, just in case you hadn't spotted it, Its resting up to put over its crop, following a successful kill.
Nice couple of pix. I was only recommending a walk up there to a friend earlier this week. Via Janet's Foss.
2 very nice images. I really like the bird pic best (but then, i'm a sucker for a bird :) )
Very nice photos - falcon for me personally.
Small: Very nicely captured and well seen too.

Snappers Choice: 2 great images love the landscape but the Falcon is my favorite.

Thanks for all your comments.

Week 26 - Mother nature

Life by Philip Stanley, on Flickr

I thought a macro of a seedling emerging through the soil would be suitable for the topic - the aphid was a bonus!

Great detail and contrast, what are the lime coloured gel egg like things which are most prominent on the right?

Great detail and contrast, what are the lime coloured gel egg like things which are most prominent on the right?
Thanks. I think it's algae growing on vermiculite on the potting compost surface.

The aphid was definitely a bonus, although I'm not too sure the seedling will be to happy.

Nice close-up and the colours of the leaves and aphid work well against the dark background.

Wow.. great macro. The colour is truly mother natures and the soil definitely looks like the primeval swamp!

Hi Phil

I like the light and shade of the Image, lots of very interesting detail.

Pete

Brilliant shot. I feel like I’ve shrunk and am in the photograph
Great image for Mother Narure some nice details.
The aphid was definitely a bonus, although I'm not too sure the seedling will be to happy.
Nice close-up and the colours of the leaves and aphid work well against the dark background.
Wow.. great macro. The colour is truly mother natures and the soil definitely looks like the primeval swamp!
Hi Phil

I like the light and shade of the Image, lots of very interesting detail.

Pete
Hi Phil nice little critter.
Great macro - the seedling on its own would be good, and with the aphid as well it is a fantastic shot.

Thanks all for the comments.

Back