weekly Phil S 52 in 2020. Complete!

great idea and well executed! I like the depth of field chosen.
really well thought out idea and perfect for the theme! Nicely lit, nice DoF and nicely composed, nothing to dislike in this one.
That's a cracker - perfectly on theme, and very nicely executed. Great idea!
Oooh that's a belter. Well thought out and shot!
Agree that is a cracker of an idea, and very nicely done.
excellent, I can only agree with all the above
Lovely idea and well photographed. I like it a lot.
Great idea and well executed. Like the photograph and scanner, it draws excellent parallels to how the old has developed in the new.
Very Clever Idea, Looks nice and sharp. I hope ipads do not replace books, but they are handy to take on holiday, I do prefer books most of the time and I hope I have enough from the library to last the latest lockdown.

Pete
Digital
I'm going to agree with the others above.
Agree with all said. Great idea and really well executed.

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

Oh yes, I love the lighting with this. Very well spotted and I especially like that you haven't tried to clean them up, gives a good sense of nature.

Super light around the 'shrooms!

Who doesn't like a fungi image? very nice Phil.

BTW It's a good job there wasn't anything else close by, as there's not mush'room left in frame

Sorry :coat:

Excellent lighting really makes the shot.

Fabulous! Love the lighting and composition and it's uncluttered around the fungi.

Thanks - I did do a bit of 'gardening' to clear some dead leaves.

Oh yes, I love the lighting with this. Very well spotted and I especially like that you haven't tried to clean them up, gives a good sense of nature.
Excellent :clap: cant really add any more than that
Super light around the 'shrooms!
Who doesn't like a fungi image? very nice Phil.

BTW It's a good job there wasn't anything else close by, as there's not mush'room left in frame

Sorry :coat:
That lighting is superb and has really brought out the detail in the mushrooms! Lovely.
Beautiful lighting. Fabulous image. Can't say much else :)
Excellent lighting really makes the shot.
That's a beautiful pic Phil. Love the composition and light.

Thanks for all the comments.

Week 46 - Narrow and soft focus technique

Too advantage of the narrow opportunity for a bit of sunshine this week and found a narrow pond with narrow jets of water and some narrow leaved plants. The Alhambra Garden, Roundhay Park, Leeds.

Alhambra garden, Roundhay Park by Philip Stanley, on Flickr

Very nice Phil it ticks all the boxes for me.
Besides I do love a Phormium or two.
( foreground)

Hi Phil,

Narrow + Tech - works really well for both the theme & tech. Nicely lined up, looking symmetrical without actually quite being it.
Snappers Choice - Lovely back lighting there shining through like that (y)
Digital Age - Very nicely shot. I like that you've managed to balance the natural light with the artificial luminance of the tablet.
Sharp - Both work for me. V Cool reflections.
Food - I think it's the tins shot for me. The way you've captured her on the other side really makes the shot imo. :clap:

Snappers Choice - great image and processing, all looking very sharp.

Narrow, nice take on the theme, lovely colours and there is soft focus in the background.

Pete

Choice
Lovely light you've caught there on the fungi and the fungi are pretty good too.

Narrow
It's a cracking photo. It's covers all the bases.

Beautiful light there! The soft focus really adds to the atmosphere. Lovely shot and on theme.
I agree nice light and looks like a nice place to visit
The lighting and the soft focus work nicely together there - nicely done.
Very nice Phil it ticks all the boxes for me.
Besides I do love a Phormium or two.
( foreground)
Two great images Phil, but loving the shrooms shot.
And those narrow branches trees in the background too.
Hi Phil,

Narrow + Tech - works really well for both the theme & tech. Nicely lined up, looking symmetrical without actually quite being it.
Snappers Choice - Lovely back lighting there shining through like that (y)
Digital Age - Very nicely shot. I like that you've managed to balance the natural light with the artificial luminance of the tablet.
Sharp - Both work for me. V Cool reflections.
Food - I think it's the tins shot for me. The way you've captured her on the other side really makes the shot imo. :clap:
Snappers Choice - great image and processing, all looking very sharp.

Narrow, nice take on the theme, lovely colours and there is soft focus in the background.

Pete
Lovely soft light on the fountains. Nice one.
Choice
Lovely light you've caught there on the fungi and the fungi are pretty good too.

Narrow
It's a cracking photo. It's covers all the bases.
Narrow. I like the framing and the use of soft-focus. The light is raher nice too.

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

Nicely done Phil, black & white suits it (y)

That's very well made... crisp folds. Love the b&w processing and the reflections.

Niceswan :)

Good idea for the theme, it looks nicely lit and the reflection works very well.

Nicely done Phil, black & white suits it (y)
Great minds think alike!! or is it fools seldom differ?? :p :giggle:

Nice reflection of the paper swan.
Nice bit of origami and well presented
Nice reflection, nice composition, nice bit of origami :giggle:
Love the reflection on your swan. Origami looks perfect as well.
A lovely bit of folding and nicely photographed. I like the mono processig.
That's very well made... crisp folds. Love the b&w processing and the reflections.
Good idea for the theme, it looks nicely lit and the reflection works very well.
Nice use of the reflection to give the impression the swan is swimming.
Good lighting. Avoiding any potential blowing.

Thanks for all the comments.

Week 48 - Camera

Vintage camera by Philip Stanley, on Flickr

A Purma Plus c.1954 reflected in a mirror. British made taking 16 x 1.25 inch square photos on 127 roll film. Shutter speeds were adjusted by turning the camera according to the direction shown diagrammatically round the viewfinder. This changes the width of the slot by weights and gravity in a metal focal plane shutter - you can't help admire the ingenuity!

It still works - here is a shot taken 2 years ago (Rerapan 100).

20181110-img10112018_010.jpg

Back