Photo Book Recommendations?

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a requirement to knock up a photo book of portraits for someone's birthday in a couple of weeks. Her boyfriend is paying for it and doesn't have a big budget as it's a sort of add-on present. There will be about 25 photos and I've never done one before. Do you have any recommendations please?

Although I dont like them for prints, snapfish do a pretty good photobook, have used them a few times for presents for the family and they always print well. Also I think they have 25% off everything at the mo

Hated Blurb software so never ordered a book from them, Photobox are cheapish and ok, but the best of this type I have found so far are the Cewe books ordered through Jessops.

Blurb are good. I've produced two books with them, a 60th A4 photo book for dad of around 140 pages which cost £30 and a monster 400+ page 12"x12" coffee table book which cost £110.

Was really pleased with results on both and now started on a 3rd book of a recent trip. Personally I found the software really easy to use and you can amend the layouts if you wish. There's also the option to create your layouts in Photoshop first and each to the book.

Myphotobook consistently get good reviews. I have used them a number of times and have always been pleased with results.

Jessops do the CEWE photobooks. Just got one and really impressed with the quality. I added 8 pages to the standard 26 page book, brought it to £31.80 for a hardback. Found a code online that knocked £10 off. A bargain at £21.80.

Blurb are average at best (mine was terrible but apparently that was just bad luck). A Cewe one I had done however was beautiful. You pays your money and all that so if you can afford it go Cewe.:)

I don't like the blurb software at all and just can't seem to get on with it, even though they are a little less expensive than some. Same thing with the photobox software.
I've used Albelli in the past and really like their software. I upgraded to the gloss paper option, which I really liked. Delivery let them down a bit on my order, as it took rather longer than hoped for (but still wasn't too long). I'll be using them again for books that's for sure.

Back