Photo Collage Canvas

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm considering having a photo collage produced on a canvas produced for a charity event I do every year using last years photos so the organizers can auction it off.

I'm looking at using @Tradecanvasprint who I have used in the past and was very happy with the results for the printing.

My question is I took 1050 images at the event and would obviously like to use as many of them as I can without it looking rubbish but how many images would people suggest would look right and are there any templates worth using to help me lay it out easily?

Thanks

This may only apply to Photobox, but the software they have allows you to drag as many photos as you want onto the canvas, click a button and it will auto arrange them.

I've found in the past if I try and align them myself on their site then they often end up a mm or so mis-aligned.

The other option is creating a photoshop document and doing it yourself with guides.

As for how many pictures, I'd go with less is more...

I recently put together 50 photos to fit onto an A3 print for my daughter's birthday. I used photoshop to lay them out manually into one big jpeg. I used layers so it was easy to rearrange them.

I think how many photos depends on how big your canvas is, and how big do you need the photos to be? The subject matter might make a difference. Will people need to be able to recognise themselves? 1,000 photos is an awful lot, so they'd have to be pretty small.

Back