Photo date taken software

C22

Name
C
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I have a lot of photos that have been moved around from external hard drives to other pc's to yet more hard drives phones etc, my problem is that whilst moving these photos they have become mixed up and seem to be put in folders not according to date taken, is there a good free software that I can use to place them back into date taken folders?? that I can then view in windows 7.....

Try putting pointer over picture and right click mouse ,look at properties. Should shows date photo taken.

create your own folder

start -pictures- right click properties and there you will see a box to make your own folders. when you go into that folder you made you will be able to view it

No need for any software unless you want to do editing

Last edited:
You don't say what you want to do with these photos other than "view". Can't you just sort them by date in the finder? I think (not sure) that Picasa will sort photos into fake folders - fake because it leaves the photos alone and just provides a view of them. Maybe Fastone is the same?

Adode Lightroom will organize them for you and put them into dated folders. It's not free but there is a 30 day free trial

Digikam.org photo manager has extensive tools for sorting, searching and batch processes. You can sort by calendar or timeline or folder or meta data. And even do face recognition.

And it's free.

Back