Photo Editor "Seashore" for MacOS (New release)

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
seashore-2019-01-toolbar-setup.png

SEASHORE is an easy to use but powerful image editor with layers. It runs on MacOS only, and is free and open source. It uses the proven underlying technologies from the popular Gimp Image editor.
Appstore
Read more about the background here.

This looks very interesting, Ian. Am I right in assuming that it will run smoothly on a straight macOS without any linuxy-gimp-cocoa-stuff which is beyond my understanding? < Sorry if the answer is obvious.

I only shoot RAW on my Canon EOS cameras and process in CaptureOne but Seashore might be an excellent and more powerful alternative than Preview for editing my iPhone snaps. I never use the confusingly named 'Photos' Apple application as it just complicates my workflow.

I got the impression Seashore is supposed to be a fresh start, avoiding any old problems that Gimp may have had..
But it's probably very easy to find out yourself, if you have a Mac, which I don't. Try it and let us know.

I got the impression Seashore is supposed to be a fresh start, avoiding any old problems that Gimp may have had..
But it's probably very easy to find out yourself, if you have a Mac, which I don't. Try it and let us know.

.... Probably will try it, but when I have a stretch of time to allocate to it, so later. Will definitely report back here if I do decide to try it out.

Last edited:
Back