On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
looking for glossy paper

just bought some other paper from focus on sunday and printer does not like it

but glossy is fine

i used Kodak professional paper that i got free from focus and was very happy with it but only got 5 free sheets

what else is good quality

sorry not very good on paper any suggestions welcome

PermaJet for me, you get free bespoke profiles as well.
As with all paper unless you have and use the right ICC profile you can not get good results...

what is this ICC i think i bought it from permajet

but quality is poor

do i have to download something and use that

it is only a £100 kodak printer but the kodak professional paper when printed i could not fault it very impressed with it

if you use Kodak paper on a Kodak printer you will have the ICC profiles but use any other make of paper you need tp get them.
with PermaJet to get Bespoke profile you down load a target print and print then post it to permajet and they will e-mail you the profile for your printer inks with their paper.
I use a CIS with my Canon printers and get profiles for each paper I use.
You then get spot on colours well as long as your monitor is calibrated as well. Oh and you use the profile correctly.

Ilford Galleria or Permajet, with either makes profile works for me

PermaJet for me, you get free bespoke profiles as well.
As with all paper unless you have and use the right ICC profile you can not get good results...

I would have to dissagre there, you can get very good prints without using custom profiles. I used to use them but tried without and couldnt really tell that much difference cutom and the generic Epson profiles, I like to keep things simple, and so far have never had any issues, as long as the people are happy with the prints they get then thats fine by me. I also think that changing profiles, especially for beginners in home printing, can lead to more problems than its worth.

Agree with the Permajet papers though, also Ilford and Fotospeed papers are good, im using Fotospeed more and more now.

the icc profiles i downloaded

the instructions are rubbish

please copy this file to here so i did

then right click and left click install ............. mmmmm no install there at all

from what i can gather it is a photoshop thing as they dont have my printer type so print from photoshop it is

If you download the icc profiles you require and when you have opened them up right click and then click on install profile after which they should be installed here WINDOWS>SYSTEM 32>SPOOL>DRIVERS>COLOUR.....if not, you can drag and drop them into this file.
Then when you want to print an image you should be able to find that particular icc profile under your printer profile dropdown menu in the colour management page.
Dave

Back