Beginner Photo review

Name
Cally
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya Guys,

Took my friends out for a photo shoot it's my first one so kept it basic but wanted some togs opinions as I have had great feedback off the couple but always looking to improve from a togs perspective as obv they would only see nice pictures of themselves...as it takes to long to upload pictures I'll just do the top few.

Thanks in advance :) (You'll have to excuse the quote one, personally I love it but I know it won't be to everyone's taste to do that sort of thing!)

213eo9k.jpg

331mveq.jpg

2zzuhy8.jpg

....I've got a couple more I wanted to put up but they are not uploading so I will try again in the morning. Don't hold back on your opinions, I don't mind.

2s7wdio.jpg

There's just one more I wanted to put up but I give up with it now till morning

I think the subjects and composition are good with the second one being the fav for me however I don't like the processing of the others in your first post. The first one is a greeny colour and it makes the photo look cold. They're happy in the picture so it should be warmer. The other one is just too over saturated. I'd maybe pull back the whites in this one too as the sky is getting my attention more than the couple. All in all I like the posing.

Also what's a tog? lol.

Tog (I thought) was short for photographer, you've got me doubting that now lol. Thank you to be honest I am very new to light room so more just editing as I go on a trial and error...I see what you mean about first I was going for a subtle look as I thought it would go better with the quote but I might try a re edit on it and see how it turns out it's def not something I would do normally.

I'm a bit 50/50 on the suggestions on the third, pulling the white down makes her hair have less kick to it but does make the sky look better, I think I could of done with making the green look a bit less fake admittedly but it was only slightly changed.

I've never been aware of Tog before haha. You could be right, I was just asking for my own info :).

Not familiar with LR but can't you just select the sky to pull the whites down instead of the whole photo?

Back