Photograph Feedback

Tah

Edit My Images
Yes
I wondered if the 'talk photography' can help in critiquing some photos which I have taken recently. I want to improve my skills and at some point hope be a freelance photographer capturing London and different cities/cultures.

Please be as honest if you can; whether good or bad

1. Old Street, London
=================

m.jpg

2. Portobello Road, London
=====================

portobello.jpg

3. Tower Bridge, London
===================

tb.jpg

4. BMW i8
========

bmwi8.jpg

5. Tower Bridge, London
===================

towerbridge.jpg

Please be as honest if you can; whether good or bad

#1. though no one to be seen in the frame, I can fell the effervescence of
the city… very dynamic. Very cool rendition.

#2 Black are blocked, greys are muddy… poor rendition given the absence
of micro contrast.

#3 Great use of specular features in the foreground, needs keystone tweaking,
the tower does not feel at ease in the take.

#4 WB tweak required, very graphic but not enough to be interesting.

#5 is, imo, the second best shot here as your very cool composition is opposing
everything to everything else in terms of texture, volume, and architecture leaving
to the blue colour the task of keeping it all together, the focus point is not deep
enough in the take .

Tah, your best assets yet are your composition eye and your play with colours.
Keep rocking!

Really like 1.

I like the idea of 3 but would've pushed more for shallower depth of field with focus either on the pedestrian (feels like the word itsu should be less close to focussed, for me). I think I'd also have tried stepping left or right to get the channel up the middle either vertical or angled further.

They're alright but none are particularly interesting IMO. All "could have been" shots to me.

Would have really liked number three but it's blurry. Assume you were shooting in low light handheld.

I agree with above, 1st and last for me.. But #3 could have been a great shot with a little more care, maybe rushed a little... But I'm no expert!

Credit to you for putting them up seeking feedback! :clap:

Another vote for 1 & 3
With No1, perhaps a tiny tilt of the camera upwards to capture the light as a boundary, you could lose a little from the bottom.
In 3, maybe swinging the camera to the right; there looks more activity there than in the LH side.
Nonetheless, they are the best of the rest for me.

@Kodiak Qc Thank you for the advice on the shots.I understand you re: the blacks but do not understand the greys being 'muddy.' It's a term I haven't come across but am happy for you to define what it means; or anyone in that matter. As for Tower Bridge, admittedly at the time, the rain was dreadful so was hard to keep focus. I had noticed it was blurred though. @UaeExile at the time of taking #3, was using a tripod but may not of been as steady as could be or central.

@stickyfiddle Same thing re: #3

@snooks @funny_h0w Thank you both

@Spiderdudeuk 100% right. It was rushed. The rain was hell at the time lol.

To anyone else viewing photo's, please feel free to comment but just be honest. Whilst i have taken photo for approximately six months, I require the comments whether good or bad to improve. I will be doing more research understanding the true art of photography.

Back