Photographing Funghi

Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all,

I'm not sure where to put this as it may eventually involve technique aswell.

I'm trying to take advance of the Funghi around at the mo and trying to get some good images.

I'm struggling with getting low enough to get the ones on the ground and it's becoming a bit frustrating.

I really don't want to hand-hold as i'm using a Canon 100mm Macro lens and want every bit of detail that I can get.

So far, i've tried getting as low as I can with the tripod but obviously no good with a centre pole! Also, tried turning the centre pole upside down but it makes things incredibly tricky trying to focus and change settings. And i've purchased a few small tripods but as yet, not found one that's any good. A few really cheap ones, a few with ball heads on so still not low enough unless I always shoot in portrait mode, also tried one without the ball head attached, but the thread was the wrong one.

So, looking for tips, help, recommendations of tripods that will work - just any help before all of this lovely funghi disappears for the year

Thanks all

You may have more luck with your request in here (y)

Cheers Cobra..... I wondered where it had gone ;)

Cheers Cobra..... I wondered where it had gone ;)
:D
There is no talk macro, so anything relating to "close up" is better served here anyway. (y)

You can use a camera bean bag, ive seen people reverse the centre poll on their tripod, and others lay on the ground.

Just use a bean bag and remote control you camera. I use an iPad and Helicon Remote which is excellent if you need to do focus stacking but, if not, the Canon App will be fine. You will get a nice large live view image on the iPad and only need to be in Wi Fi range,

Dave

Cheers both. Didn't even know such a thing existed. All sorted now

Back