Photomechanics

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, Can I ask if any of you sport togs use photomechanic's and if so what settings do you use when submitting images by email? The choices are small to large, custom or original size and the default is fit to an 800 pixel box
screen-shot-2017-03-12-at-08-48-09.15890

I tend to choose Original - just suits the needs of my clients the best.
Don't think there is any 'right or wrong' way to go about this.
Of course if you know which size your clients prefer their images.. then might be an idea to use the custom size, so they will get them directly the size they want/need.

Normally my image get uploaded to an online Gallery, so it's beneficial to have them there in the biggest size possible.

:)

I tend to submit via FTP but I always send the original file size. For me that's 2700x1800 which has been resized via post processing before it comes back into Photo Mechanic.

The workflow for everyone is no doubt very different but I usually start in Photo Mechanic -> export to Photoshop -> save in a subfolder -> Pick up again in a different tab in Photo Mechanic -> Rename/IPTC/Caption -> Save & Upload.

I've little doubt there are faster and more efficient ways to do things but it works fine for my purposes.

Thanks for the reply's. How Ive been using it is similar to you fhoneill except I have used the large size option which has been ok for newspaper use but I suspect might not be good enough on a tight crop.

Back