Critique Photos from Goodwood Revival

Name
colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I like every one of these , the monochrome image lends itself well to the time period , and the angles you shot at make it even more interesting.

I find the angle shots quite subjective. I like the shot of the Lotus (but I'd have asked someone if I could have moved the [what appears to be, but possibly isn't!] more modern plastic chair out of the way before taking the shot). I don't feel the downward angled shot of the bikes works though; I'd most likely have tried for a closer shot of the two chaps in blazer and sports jacket looking at the bikes instead.

Last edited:
I agree with Mr Badger, I especially like the lotus shot as well, did you use selective color or just desaturate and the front lotus colors are strongest?
And yes! The last picture of the old geezers working on the bikes is interesting and makes me wanna see close up pictures of them focusing and working on the bikes. Awesome pictures nonetheless.

I find the angle shots quite subjective. I like the shot of the Lotus (but I'd have asked someone if I could have moved the [what appears to be, but possibly isn't!] more modern plastic chair out of the way before taking the shot). I don't feel the downward angled shot of the bikes works though; I'd most likely have tried for a closer shot of the two chaps in blazer and sports jacket looking at the bikes instead.
its sounds bad, but i honestly didn't really notice the plastic chair in the shot until you mentioned it, chalk that up as a rookie mistake, I agree with what your said about the two blokes, looking back on that image i would of liked to of got the image lower and more square and maybe have them in focus and not the bikes i think that would of made a more interesting image, I went with my brother as he had got the tickets from a friend that works at Goodwood, and when taking these i think my brother had had enough and was ready to go home so i was trying to get as many photos as i can before we went, thats my excuse anyway :D
Thanks for the critique

I agree with Mr Badger, I especially like the lotus shot as well, did you use selective color or just desaturate and the front lotus colors are strongest?
And yes! The last picture of the old geezers working on the bikes is interesting and makes me wanna see close up pictures of them focusing and working on the bikes. Awesome pictures nonetheless.
I desaturated the whole image of the lotus, the images of the bikes being worked on was difficult as the bikes had had their one race of the day so the bike were being prepped for the next day and the familys had set up chairs for the wifes and girlfriends to sit and natter while they waited so to get a good angle was hard, as i would of had to get them up and move :D
Cheers for the critique too

I can't disagree with any of the critique above but I would be well pleased if these were my images. Well done :)

Some good angles there, captured the event well. For me personally I felt a few images were missing depth. I hope you don't mind but I have tinkered with 2 of them.

1.jpg3.jpg

I can't disagree with any of the critique above but I would be well pleased if these were my images. Well done :)

Some good angles there, captured the event well. For me personally I felt a few images were missing depth. I hope you don't mind but I have tinkered with 2 of them.
no problem at all, I'm intrigued to know what settings you used?

Back